A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Sashalle Anderly is an Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah who sides with Elaida. She is stilled by Rand al'Thor when he escapes at Dumai's Wells. Though we do not see her doing as such, it is probable that, like Irgain, Sashalle is not named da'tsang, but is dressed like an Aiel woman and made to work with them (LoC, Ch. 55; TPoD, Prologue). The Aiel Wise Ones think that she has suffered enough; instead of beating her and the other two that were stilled, the Wise Ones have been working to keep them alive (WH, Ch. 13).
Sashalle's hair hangs in ringlets to her shoulders and she wears a lot of Aiel jewellery. She has blue eyes. Since being stilled, her ageless Aes Sedai face has faded, and she now looks somewhat short of her middle years (CoT, Prologue).
While Rand is away from Cairhien, Sashalle holds a lot of sway in the Sun Palace, with the approval of the Wise Ones. This irritates Samitsu, who was left in charge by Cadsuane; people obey Sashalle faster than Samitsu (CoT, Prologue; CoT, Ch. 24).
- The other Aes Sedai prisoners try to stay away from the three who have been stilled (ACoS, Ch. 2).
- After Healing Irgain, Damer Flinn wants to try Healing Sashalle and Ronaille; he succeeds (WH, Ch. 13; WH, Ch. 25).
- Sashalle seems to be pretty much in charge of the Sun Palace. She is present when Samitsu Heals Dobraine (CoT, Prologue).
- Sashalle writes a letter to the Red Ajah in the White Tower, in which she tells her Head of Ajah that she, Irgain Fatamed and Ronaille Vevanios have been Healed from Stilling by Damer Flinn. She swears beneath the Light and her hope of salvation and rebirth that it is true, and writes that she will retake the Three Oaths to reaffirm her dedication to her Ajah and the Tower once she returns. The letter also includes information on Toveine and the Asha'man who have bonded Aes Sedai. The letter is addressed to Galina, the former Head of the Red Ajah, who she believes has escaped, but is received by Tsutama Rath, the new Head of the Red Ajah. The letter is long, and includes a lot of pleading that what she has done (sworn an oath of fealty to Rand) is for the Ajah and the Tower. Tsutama reads the letter out to Pevara and Javindhra (KoD, Prologue).
- Sashalle is present when Elayne takes Cairhien and officially tells her that Rand has renounced all claims to the nation and ceded it to her (ToM, Ch. 51).
- During the Last Battle, she collapses from exhaustion when Hessalam draws to much power from her (AMoL, Ch. 42).
- The Wise Ones look differently on Sashalle, Ronaille and Irgain than they do upon the other Aes Sedai (CoT, Prologue).
- When, in her letter to the Red Ajah, Sashalle claims that she is "in charge of most of the sisters in the city of Cairhien," Javindhra asks how she can be in charge of any sisters, and wonders if she has gone insane (KoD, Prologue).
- Pevara thinks that, by the glitter in Tsutama's eyes, Sashalle might come to regret surviving the Last Battle (KoD, Prologue).
- Javindhra thinks that Sashalle is delusional about being Healed (KoD, Prologue).
"Regaining the ability to channel had not given Sashalle back everything. Once more she would have to work with the Power for years to gain the face that would proclaim her Aes Sedai to any sister who could see her clearly. Or...would she regain it? It seemed inevitable, yet this was unmapped terrain. And if her face was changed, was anything else about her changed as well?" (Samitsu thinks of Sashalle; Crossroads of Twilight, Prologue).
"I have been so long without communicating because I could not work out how to say what I must, but now I see that simply telling the facts is the only way. Along with a number of other sisters, who I will leave to decide for themselves whether to reveal what I am about to, I have sworn an oath of fealty to the Dragon Reborn which is to last until Tarmon Gai'don has been fought. What I do, I do for the good of the Red Ajah and the good of the Tower. Should you disagree, I will surrender myself for your discipline. After Tarmon Gai'don. As you may have heard, Irgain Fatamed, Ronaille Vevanios and I were all stilled when the Dragon Reborn escaped at Dumai's Wells. We have all been Healed, however, by a man named Damer Flinn, one of the Asha'man, and we all seem to be restored fully. Unlikely as this seems, I swear beneath the Light and by my hope of salvation and rebirth that it is true. I look forward to my eventual return to the Tower, where I will retake the Three Oaths to reaffirm my dedication to my Ajah and to the Tower." (Part of Sashalle's letter to Tsutama; Knife of Dreams, Prologue).