Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
He is one of the Two Rivers men to join Perrin. With time, he seems to have gotten the position of a leader among the men, maybe because he was one of the first to follow Perrin (TSR, Ch. 33; Ch. 56).
- After a battle with the Trollocs, he and the others enter Raen's Tinker camp (TSR, Ch. 41) and then accompany Perrin back to Emond's Field (TSR, Ch. 42).
- He is injured during the first Trolloc attack on Emond's Field, but not seriously enough for the Aes Sedai to Heal him (TSR, Ch. 44).
- When Perrin Travels to Cairhien with Rand, Dannil is ordered to follow with the Two Rivers men (LoC, Ch. 49).
- The Two Rivers men join Perrin four days north of Cairhien (LoC, Ch. 54), and ride with him into the battle at Dumai's Wells, leading a part of the Two Rivers men (LoC, Ch. 55).
- He follows Perrin from Dumai's Wells to Cairhien, while carrying the wolf-head banner (ACoS, Ch. 1; Ch. 2; Ch. 3). He and the other Two Rivers men stay outside the city (ACoS, Ch. 4).
- He and Dannil stay in the background when Perrin meets with the Seanchan until Perrin gives them the order to withdraw the men (KoD, Ch. 4).
"They seemed to think it was a matter of riding into the Children's camp and demanding everybody's return. Casting down our defiance, Tell called it, which nearly made Perrin's hair stand on end." (Perrin on the men wanting to follow him; The Shadow Rising, Chapter 33)