|Join Date||October 1, 2006|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: October 1, 2006
- Joined Tower: November 3, 2006
- Raised Accepted: February 12, 2007
- Aspired to the Brown Ajah: April 13, 2007
- Raised Aes Sedai: October 20, 2007
- Olde Warder and Hen Forum Moderator: January 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
- Heart of the Brown Ajah: July 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013
- Sitter for the Brown Ajah:
- Head of the Brown Ajah: April 15, 2011 - September 30, 2012
- Pulse of the Brown Ajah:
- January 1, 2011 - December 31, 2011
- January 1, 2009 - December 31, 2009
- Editor of the Brown Ajah Bulletin: January 1, 2008 - January 2009
- Library Editor
- Amyrlin's Award: Philanthropist of the Year - 2015
- Lenore Carvoe, Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah
- Kya el'Tormaria, former member
- Selenia Soandor, former member
- Anira Malaidrin, former Novice
- Eliza Al'Shaw, Accepted
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Summer Euro Party 2007 - Driebergen, The Netherlands
- Anniversary Party 2009 - Millersylvania, Washington, USA
- Unofficial Summer Euro Party 2010 - Rauenberg-Rotenberg, Germany. Note, this was not an official TarValon.Net party
- Euro Party 2013 - Oostende, Belgium
Senior Member Interview
November 30, 2012
- Ajah Questions
- Why did you choose Brown?
It’s my home. The place where I belong here in TarValon.Net. As an Accepted I guested with all the Ajahs, and spending time with each made me realize I was a Brown.
- Are you like the Browns in the books? Do you love books and have a tendency to daydream?
I read a lot, and love it. I’m not a daydreamer, but tend to get deeply lost in the books I’m reading, or the subject I’m researching, and won’t notice what’s happening around me.
- Do you have a favorite Brown Ajah character from the novels?
I’ve been a Verin fan from the moment she was introduced.
- Book Questions
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
2002 or 2003 I think.
- How did you first get into the series?
I first tried to read the Finnish translations of the Eye of the World, but didn’t like it at all. A couple of years later I bought the English paperback on a whim, and found out it wasn’t such a bad series at all. Apparently the Finnish translations are not that good.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Mat Cauthon from the main characters. He’s always a fun read. He’s also a reluctant hero, but he doesn’t whine about it too much, and in the end he does what he has to do.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
There are some really creepy ones, like Padan Fain. I like to read their points of view. I also liked reading about Semirhage, but she became a bit disappointing in The Gathering Storm.
- Favorite book and scene?
TGS is my favorite book so far, when the last is not yet published. Favorite scene is Verin’s big revelation.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
By my looks I’d probably be an Aiel, but their society is too violent to my taste. Tuatha’an is more likely.
- General Questions
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I found it when I was looking for some info about WoT, and stayed because I made friends here.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I write my dissertation. Musicology.
- Do you have any hobbies?
Reading, jogging, dancing Irish.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Classical and contemporary classical are my specialties. But I listen to different genres too: jazz, progressive rock, sometimes hard rock, early 20th century schlager.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
I don’t own a television, so I’m pretty much ignorant about shows. Some series I have as DVD’s, like Lost and Game of Thrones. Favorite movies… some artsy ones like Kieslowski’s, or Kubrik’s.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
I love everything by Umberto Eco, Gabriel García Márquez, Mihail Bulgakov. Always loved Russian classics, like Dostoyevsky and Tolstoy. Haruki Murakami’s a new favorite. From fantasy/scifi genre I love Patrick Rothfuss’ books, Brandon Sanderson’s own stories, all Robin Hobb’s stories, and now it seems I’m getting hooked into the Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
First I wanted to be the driver of a street cleaning machine. Later the typical school girl stuffs like nurse or teacher.