Difference between revisions of "Shevan"
Revision as of 12:00, 17 October 2006
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
Shevan is an Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah and is a Sitter in Elaida's Hall (TPoD, Ch. 25).
Shevan is very tall and thin. She has an angular face and a long chin and has a cap of curls. She has spidery fingers (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- 999 NE: Shevan takes a chair in the Hall after the division of the Tower (CoT, Prologue).
- 999/1000 NE: Elaida forces Shevan to serve several days of Labour as penance (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- 1000 NE: Shevan meets with Elaida and several other Sitters to discuss important matters (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- 1000 NE: Shevan meets with Elaida and other Sitters to discuss the negotiations with the rebels (CoT, Ch. 21).
- Shevan can be very dry at times (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- Despite the trend of too young Sitters, Shevan is old enough to hold a chair and was very likely to go into the Hall even before the split (CoT, Prologue).
- Shevan supports the negotiations with the rebels (CoT, Ch. 21).
"I'm uncomfortable saying what can and can't be. For example, not long gone, everyone "knew" only a shield woven by a sister could stop a woman channeling. Then comes along a simple herb, forkroot, and anyone at all can feed you a tea that leaves you unable as a stone to channel for hours." Shevan (The Path of Daggers, Chapter 25)
"No; according to Saerin, Shevan would likely have been her replacement when she decided to step down." Seaine to Yukiri about Shevan and Saerin (Crossroads of Twilight, Prologue)
"The Brown is quite clear on the historical precedents. You have all read the secret histories, or should have. Whenever the Tower has been divided against itself, disaster has struck the world. With the Last Battle looming, in a world that contains the Black Tower, we can no longer afford to remain divided a day longer than need be." Shevan (Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 21)