Difference between revisions of "Sheraine Caminelle"
Revision as of 11:52, 17 October 2006
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
Sheraine Caminelle was once an Aes Sedai. However, she was captured by the Seanchan and collared. The sul'dam gave her a new name, Mylen (WH, Ch. 14).
Sheraine and her Warder were in Falme when the Seanchan ambushed them. Her Warder was killed while she was shielded and made damane (TGH, Ch. 43). Sheraine did not cooperate with the sul'dam holding her, refusing to eat and drink (WH Ch. 14). She was later taken to Seanchan, where she was bought by Tuon. All of the der'sul'dam expected her to die but Tuon persevered and trained her. Sheraine became the perfect damane and is Tuon's special pride. She was chosen to be one of the six damane to accompany Tuon back across the Aryth Ocean (WH, Ch. 14). Melitene chose her to be one of the damane involved in rescuing Tuon after her kidnapping (CoT, Ch. 4).
Sheraine is very short and a trifle plump. She is pale and has dark hair. From this description it seems likely that Sheraine is Cairhienin (WH, Ch. 14). She is pretty (TGH, Ch. 43).
- 998 NE: Sheraine is captured by the Seanchan (TGH, Ch. 43).
- 998 NE: Sheraine is sent to Seanchan (WH, Ch. 14).
- 998/999 NE: Tuon buys Sheraine on the docks at Shon Kifar (WH, Ch. 14).
- 1000 NE: Sheraine accompanies Tuon across the Aryth Ocean (WH, Ch. 14).
- 1000 NE: Sheraine stays in the attic of the Tarasin Palace with the other damane (WH, Ch. 19).
- 1000 NE: Sheraine is one of the group of Seanchan sent to look for Tuon after she disappears (CoT, Ch. 4).
- 1000 NE: Sheraine accompanies Karede when he rides into Mat's camp to find Tuon (KoD, Ch. 36).
- When she was captured, Sheraine recognised one of the damane, Ryma Galfrey, and pleaded for help (TGH, Ch. 43).
- Sheraine reminds Mat of Moiraine (WH, Ch. 28).
- She is not as strong in the One Power as Sera nor as agile in her weaving as Charral (WH, Ch. 14).
- Sheraine knows the weaves for Healing (KoD, Ch. 25). She also knows the weaves for Sky Lights (KoD, Ch. 36).
- Since Sheraine is an Aes Sedai, she is useless as a weapon, a fact that is very ashamed about (KoD, Ch. 36).
"The pale little damane had been half-dead with shock and fear, refusing to eat or drink, when Tuon bought her on the docks at Shon Kifar." Tuon about Sheraine (Winter's Heart, Chapter 14).
"Guisin and Mylen- I did know her as Sheraine Caminelle, but she do answer only to Mylen, now- those two would betray us." Teslyn to Mat (Winter's Heart, Chapter 19).
"She loves the High Lady. They all do, but Mylen worships her as though she already sat on the Crystal Throne." Melitene to Furyk Karede (Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 4).