The Shatayan is our Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer.
Department: Executive Branch
Position Level: Officer
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Officer Merit
Chain of Command
The Shatayan reports to the Amyrlin.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage accounts payable & receivable including tracking fundraising.
- Preparation of internal financial statements, budgets, cash-flow, monthly reconciliations, projections & forecasts for the Officers and Board of Directors.
- Assist Event planners (MoRs, Official Event local liaisons) in developing budgets and financial processes (contracts, etc.) for Official Events.
- Manage day-to-day administrative tasks and filing of insurance, legal, taxes and governmental reports as required for US non-profit organizations.
- Supervise internal control processes & provide reports as required.
- Responsible for coordination of annual report.
- Participate with other Officers/Board of Directors in evolving financial processes.
- Assist in financial evaluation of charities for inclusion in Tarvalon.Net official fundraising efforts.
- Be familiar with accounting principles and basic accounting with experience using accounting software, online banking, and preparing financial reports.
- Professional experience as an accountant or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Be a Member in good standing of Tarvalon.Net for a period of at least 3 years with no less than 1 year as a Senior Member.
- Previous experience in an admin job with Tarvalon.Net is a plus since you'll be working across different departments and closely with the other officers and directors.
- A background check will be required for this position.
The position was created when TarValon.Net was incorporated. It was vacant after Riley left the site while measures were put in place to increase accountability.
- Cassie Dainar: July 1, 2015 - present