Difference between revisions of "Serafelle"
Revision as of 12:14, 16 October 2006
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Serafelle is an Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah (TGH, Ch. 4).
She believes that there are more books lost or forgotten than anyone could credit waiting to be found again (TGH, Ch. 37).
- Sheriam says that Serafelle has told her the Aiel were in retreat (NS, Ch. 6).
- She is part of the Amyrlin's entourage that arrives at Fal Dara (TGH, Ch. 2).
- On her way to the audience with Siuan, Moiraine sees Serafelle sitting in the anteroom and reading an old, tattered book. She did not even notice Moiraine's entrance, when she greeted the present sisters (TGH, Ch. 4).
- Serafelle is the only other sister who has seen the Prophecies of the Shadow, but she is not interested in anything that has not already been put in a book (TGH, Ch. 7).
- Serafelle was one of the sisters to Heal Mat from the taint of Shadar Logoth. After that, she talks with Verin about the Old Blood (TDR, Ch. 18).
"Rand al'Thor. It does not sound like a name to inspire fear and set the world on fire." She gave another shiver and rubbed her arms briskly, but her eyes suddenly shone with a purposeful light. "If he is the one, then we truly may have time enough. But is he safe here? I have two Red sisters with me, and I can no longer answer for Green or Yellow, either. The Light consume me, I can't answer for any of them, not with this. Even Verin and Serafelle would leap on him the way they would a scarlet adder in a nursery." (Siuan about Rand being the Dragon Reborn; The Great Hunt, Chapter 5)
"Serafelle is not really interested in anything that someone hasn't already set down in a book, preferably as long ago as possible. She thinks there are enough old books and manuscripts and fragments scattered about, lost or forgotten, to equal ten times what we have gathered in Tar Valon. She feels certain there is enough of the old knowledge still there to be found for -" (Verin about Serafelle; The Great Hunt, Chapter 7)