Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Sarin Hoigan is Nisao Dachen's Warder. He is shorter than average and very wide, but still head and shoulders taller than his Aes Sedai. He is described as being a "bald-headed stump of a man with a thick black beard" (TFoH, Ch. 50; ACoS, Ch. 12; CoT, Ch. 16).
- When Nynaeve looks around in Salidar for Yellows, she sees Sarin conferring with Nisao (TFoH, Ch. 50).
- He and Nisao are in the camp where Myrelle hides Lan when the Green takes Egwene and Siuan there, and helps to break it down (ACoS, Ch. 12).
- He accompanies Nisao when Egwene goes to scout Tar Valon from the riverbank with her council (CoT, Ch. 16).
- When Nisao enters Egwene's tent to tell her about Kairen's death, Sarin stands guard outside (CoT, Ch. 30).
- Sarin stands guard outside when Nisao enters Romanda’s tent to ask her to speak with Lelaine (KoD, Ch. 23).
“'The Hall will have to invent them as they go, of course, but I think they might well start with making these two pass their Warders to others, since they seem so fond of it.'
Myrelle squeezed her eyes shut, and Nisao turned to look at the Warders. Her expression never changed, calm if a touch flushed, but Sarin stumbled to his feet and took three quick steps toward her before she raised a hand to stop him. A Warder could sense his Aes Sedai’s presence, her pain, her fear and anger, every bit as much as Egwene could feel Moghedien’s when she wore the a'dam."
(Siuan about possible penances; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 12)