|Wheel of Time Random Quote|
The full name was not recorded in the main series, but was given in the Wheel of Time Companion. Other information about the character is also included in the Companion, but we did not use it in the TarValon.Net Library.
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
- 999 NE: Rubinde stands to still Siuan and raise Elaida to Amyrlin Seat (ACoS, Ch. 32; CoT, Prologue).
- 1000 NE: Rubinde and other Sitters meet with Elaida (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- 1000 NE: Rubinde and other Sitters tell Elaida that the White Tower is to enter into negotiations with the Salidar Aes Sedai (CoT, Ch. 21).
- 1000NE: Rubinde attends the dinner Elaida holds to try and demonstrate her authority over Egwene. When Elaida attacks Egwene, Rubinde attempts to stop it, but Elaida forces her to back down (TGS, Ch. 16).
- 1000NE: Rubinde stands to raise Egwene Amyrlin (TGS, Ch. 46).
- 1000NE: She keeps her seat after re-unification and attends the meeting Romanda calls but does not stand for Egwene's proposal about how to run the war. She does stand for the proposal to give the Amyrlin and all Sitters time to attend any meeting of the Hall (ToM, Ch. 27)
- 1000NE: After the Last Battle, she is one of the Aes Sedai who approaches Cadsuane to make her the new Amyrlin (AMoL, Epilogue)
- Since Rubinde was a Sitter before the Tower split, (CoT, Prologue), she must have voted for Siuan to be stilled and Elaida to be elected to Amyrlin Seat (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- She always looks angry (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- Rubinde has worn the shawl for more than fifty years (CoT, Ch. 21).
"With raven-black hair and eyes like sapphires, the Mayener usually looked as if she intended to walk through a stone wall, and planting her fists on her hips now, she seemed ready to walk through two." (Elaida about Rubinde; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 25).
"'I am instructed to make the same points as Shevan," she said, ignoring the startled look that Rina gave her. Plainly there had been pressure from Adelorna, the Green "Captain-General", and plainly Rubinde disagreed if she was willing to make it public." (Rubinde and Alviarin about Rubinde; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 21).