Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Rosene is one of Berelain's maids, presumably from Mayene like her mistress. She is not pretty, but nondescript, plump and dark-eyed; she looks very much like Nana, Berelain's other maid (TPoD, Ch. 9; WH, Ch. 5).
- Although she was not mentioned by name at the time, she accompanies Berelain from Cairhien to Ghealdan (ACoS, Ch. 27; TPoD, Ch. 8).
- Berelain has Nana and Rosene clean Perrin's clothes. Right after Berelain tells Perrin it would be a pleasure for her to share his bed, Rosene comes in with food for Perrin; her smiles assure him she has overheard. Later, she and Nana talk with Gendar and Santes, Berelain's two thief-catchers, outside their tent. Perrin comes up to them to ask if they know where he can find Masema's men and Rosene mentions to have heard that they are no more two or three miles away (WH, Ch. 5).
- Dannil confirms the direction when Perrin asks him the same question. When Lini acts upset and angered around Perrin, Master Gill tells him that one of the maids (no name was given) implied that Perrin had slept with Berelain after Faile disappeared (WH, Ch. 6).
- Berelain meets Perrin with one of her maids, but no name is given to the maid (CoT, Ch. 6).
- The maid screams and nearly faints when she sees the Darkhound tracks the group is inspecting (CoT, Ch. 7).
- Perrin is annoyed by her giggles and titters. He would have liked it dearly if she and Nana were not so bad about spreading false tales about him and Berelain. He thinks both of them are goose-brained, but he doubts Berelain would allow women like that around herself for long (WH, Ch. 5, Ch. 6; CoT, Ch. 6).
"Despite the drizzling snow, Rosene and Nana sat on camp stools in front of the smaller tent, cloaked and hooded and warming their hands over a small fire. Alike as two peas in the pod, neither was pretty, but they had company, likely the reason they were not huddled around a brazier inside. Doubtless Berelain insisted on more propriety in her serving women than she managed for herself." (Perrin on Berelain and her maids; Winter's Heart, Chapter 5)