From Tar Valon Library
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
- When Rand entered the Black Tower, Torval confronted him and addressed him like some man who had come to be tested. Taim struck him with a blow of Air for his disrespect after Rand briefly introduced himself (LoC, Ch. 42).
- When Rand chose Dashiva to accompany him, Taim advised him to rather take Torval or Rochaid. When Rand declined, Taim called to those two as well as Gedwyn and Kisman as he strode off (ACoS, Ch. 2).
- He was sent to Rand with a letter from Taim. After Rand arrived at his tent, Torval also told him that the tales of Aes Sedai in Murandy were true (Egwene and the rebels). Rand sent him back to "the M'Hael" with orders (TPoD, Ch. 14).
- After the attack on Rand's apartments in the Sun Palace, Taim mentions Torval in one breath with the other deserters. It can be assumed that Torval was also present, for Taim named Gedwyn and Rochaid, who lead the attack on Rand (TPoD, Ch. 29).
- Upon returning from Cairhien, Taim posted some deserters' names on the Traitor's Tree, among them Torval's (WH, Prologue).
- He, Gedwyn, Kisman and Rochaid were ordered to go to Far Madding and finally kill Rand (WH, Ch. 22).
- Rand searched Far Madding for the renegade Asha'man. Twice he saw someone who reminded him of Torval. Rand received a note from Fain, which said that Torval and Gedwyn had taken the top floor of the bootmaker Zeram's house on Blue Carp Street (WH, Ch. 32).
- Rand saw Gedwyn and Torval enter the bootmaker's shop. He entered the same house through the attic with Lan, but instead of having to fight the two renegade Asha'man, they were found dead on the ground. They were killed with Fain's tainted dagger (WH, Ch. 33).
- He was a gourmet of wine and made a great show of it (TPoD, Ch. 14).
- For Torval, it seemed to have been a grievous sin if someone was right when he was not (TPoD, Ch. 14).