Paitar Neramovni Nachiman
Author: Atarah al'Norahn
When Ethenielle was a girl, Paitar was stunningly handsome (TPoD, Prologue). Supposedly, he was once the most beautiful man in the Borderlands (WH, Ch. 27). He has a long face and broad shoulders. Now, his face bears many creases, and what little is left of his hair is gray and cut short, not worn in braids like most Arafellin's. He has a deep, rich voice that makes women's hearts beat faster (TPoD, Prologue).
- He slaps Rand when Rand meets with the Borderland rulers in Far Madding, drawing blood (ToM, Ch. 51).
- He asks Rand how Tellindal Tirraso dies, because of a prophecy given to one of his ancestors, Reo Myershi by an Aes Sedai. He was ready to kill Rand if Rand did not answer (ToM, Ch. 51)
- He accepts Rand's reasoning that the prophecy said the Seals must be broken and swear fealty so that the Aes Sedai with him will be taught Traveling and he and his armies can be at the Last Battle (ToM, Ch. 51).
- Is is presumably at Tarwin's Gap, as all of the other Borderlander rulers as well as his own Aes Sedai advisor are there (AMoL, Ch. 9).
Paitar has a good relationship with the other Borderland rulers, and they all trust each other. Paitar's favorite granddaughter is married to one of Ethenielle's sons (TPoD, Prologue).
- Paitar brings Ishigari Terasian and Kyril Shianri with him to the meeting with the other Borderland rulers (TPoD, Prologue).
- He also brought his Aes Sedai advisor, Coladara, and seven other Aes Sedai who were visiting her (TPoD, Prologue).
"You hardly expected me to leave Coladara behind, Ethenielle, even if I could have kept the preparations from her." (Paitar to Ethenielle about his Aes Sedai advisor; The Path of Daggers, Prologue).
"The dice are out of the cup." (Paitar to Ethenielle; The Path of Daggers, Prologue).
"Rather than sitting, he stood, occasionally sipping at his wine. Elayne was glad she could see the wrinkles on his face. That voice could confuse a woman's thoughts, otherwise." (Elayne about Paitar; Winter's Heart, Chapter 27).
"The Tower calls anathema on anyone who approaches the Dragon Reborn save through the offices of the Tower. You are Aes Sedai. Surely that counts as the same thing." (Paitar to Elayne; Winter's Heart, Chapter 27).
"You want us to enter Andor? Elayne Sedai - or should I call you Lady Elayne, now? - I wish you the Light's blessing in your quest for Andor's crown, but not enough to offer my men to fight for it." (Paitar to Elayne; Winter's Heart, Chapter 27).