Difference between revisions of "Owyn Merrilin"
Revision as of 15:04, 14 October 2006
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Owyn Merrilin was Thom Merrilin's nephew, his brother's only son, and a man who could channel. He was married.
(References: The Eye of the World, Chapter 26; The Shadow Rising, Chapter 17)
- After he learned that he could channel, he tried to hold it off and used the One Power only to help his village. After two years, he began to go mad and before the third year was out, he was gentled (TGH, Ch. 26).
- Thom was too busy with other things to help him, and thus could not come in time (TEotW, Ch. 25).
- The Red Ajah was supposed to take him to Tar Valon to be gentled, but instead they did it on the spot (TSR, Ch. 17).
- Owyn was driven from his home, he gave up wanting to live and within a month, both he and his wife died (TSR, Ch. 17).
- Moiraine offers Thom to give him the names of the Red sisters who gentled Owyn if he follows Nynaeve and Elayne to Tanchico (TSR, Ch. 17).
"Thom's nephew had lasted almost three years by channeling only when he thought he had to. If Owyn had managed to limit how often he channeled, it must be possible to not channel at all, no matter how seductive saidin was." (Rand to himself; The Great Hunt, Chapter 30)