Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Elayne cannot tell how old she is; she appears to be not far into her middle years without a hint of gray in her waist-length hair. Perhaps it does tell us something about her age that she had three husbands, if they did not all die very young (CoT, Ch. 14).
She has borne seven children, though we are not told who they are or if they still live (WH, Ch. 26).
- Monaelle tells Aviendha to see that Elayne gets enough fresh air (WH, Ch. 26).
- She also tells Aviendha to make sure that Elayne neither eats too much nor skips a meal (WH, Ch. 29).
- She comes to Elayne to check on her health, and with the weave Caressing the Child, she learns that Elayne is carrying two children (CoT, Ch. 14).
- When Monaelle thinks that Aviendha is being lazy now that she is allowed to stay with Elayne, she will switch her (WH, Ch. 26).
- Elayne allows every Wise One who had taken part in her first-sister ceremony to walk unhindered in the Royal Palace (KoD, Ch. 15).
- She is one of the few who know that Rand is the father of Elayne's children and about Elayne's, Aviendha's and Min's bond with Rand (CoT, Ch. 14).
- She is Melaine's midwife and was Elayne's, as well, in the first weeks of her pregnancy (KoD, Ch. 15).
"Elayne offered her a curtsy, ignoring Dyelin's disapproving sniff, and Aviendha made a deep bow, folding herself over her hands." (Elayne showing respect to Monaelle Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 14)