Author: Atarah al'Norahn
The Eye of the World
- (About the whole group) "Sparks swirling around you, thousands of them, and a big shadow, darker than midnight. The sparks are trying to fill the shadow, and the shadow is trying to swallow the sparks. You are all tied together in something dangerous." (TEotW, Ch. 15).
- (About Egwene, to Rand) "She's part of it. You're in love with her. She loves you, too, but she's not for you, or you for her. Not the way you both want. When I look at her, I see the same as when I look at Mistress Alys. She won't refuse it." (TEotW, Ch. 15).
- (About Lan) "Seven ruined towers around his head, and a babe in a cradle holding a sword." (TEotW, Ch. 15).
- (About Mat) "A red eagle, an eye on a balance scale, a dagger with a ruby, a horn, and a laughing face." (TEotW, Ch. 15).
- (About Rand) "A sword that isn't a sword, a golden grown of laurel leaves, a beggar's staff, you pouring water on sand, a bloody hand and white-hot iron, three women standing over a funeral bier with you on it, black rock wet with blood, lightning around you, some striking at you, some coming out of you. You and I will meet again." (TEotW, Ch. 15).
- (About the whole group) "The sparks, Rand. She met Mistress Alys coming in, and there were sparks, with just the two of them. Yesterday I couldn't see sparks without at least three or four of you together, but today it's all sharper, and more furious. You're all in more danger today than yesterday. Since she came." (TEotW, Ch. 16).
The Great Hunt
- (Elayne speaks about a viewing of herself) "And she can read things about you from them, though I'm not sure she always tells the truth. She said I'd have to share my husband with two other women, and I'd never put up with that. She just laughs, and says it was never her idea of how to run things, either. But she said I would be a queen before she knew who I was; she said she saw a crown, and it was the Rose Crown of Andor. One of the things she said she saw looking at me was a severed hand. Not mine, she says" (TGH, Ch. 24).
- (About Egwene) "A white flame, and...Oh, all sorts of things. I don't know what it means." (TGH, Ch. 24).
- (About Galad) "Egwene, Galad is so good he'd make you tear your hair out. He'd hurt a person because he had to serve a greater good. He wouldn't even notice who was hurt, because he'd be so intent on the other, but if he did, he would expect them to understand and think it was all well and right." (TGH, Ch. 38).
- (About Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve) "Danger. You are all in some kind of danger. Or you will be, very soon. I can't make it out, but it is danger." (TGH, Ch. 38).
- (About Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve) "I think she (Elayne) has to come as much as the rest of you. The rest of us. I can see the danger around all of you more clearly, now. Not clearly enough to make it out, but I think it has something to do with you deciding to go. That's why it is clearer; because it is more certain." (TGH, Ch. 38).
- (About Elayne) "She is linked to - to those boys as much as you, or Egwene, or me. She's part of it, Nynaeve, whatever it is. Part of the Pattern, I suppose an Aes Sedai would say." (TGH, Ch. 38).
- (About Egwene) "You know I've read you, Egwene. I don't understand most of it - I almost never do - but I see things I am sure link you to Rand, and Perrin, and Mat, and - yes, even Galad, the Light help you for a fool. How can any of that happen if the Seanchan take you off across the ocean?" (TGH, Ch. 42).
- (About Nynaeve and Elayne) "For an instant Min found herself reading the auras of the other two women. There was danger, but that was to be expected - and new things, too, among the images she had seen before; it was like that, sometimes. A man's ring of heavy gold floated about Nynaeve's head, and above Elayne's, a red-hot iron and an axe. They meant trouble, she was sure, but it seemed distant, somewhere in the future." (TGH, Ch. 43).
The Dragon Reborn
- (About Leya) "The Tinker woman is going to die. Perrin, I saw her own face floating above her shoulder, covered in blood, eyes staring. It's never any clearer than that." (TDR, Ch. 2).
- (About Perrin) "An Aielman in a cage. A Tuatha'an with a sword. A falcon and a hawk, perching on your shoulders. Both female, I think. And all the rest, of course. What is always there. Darkness swirling 'round you, and - " (TDR, Ch. 6).
The Shadow Rising
- (About three Aes Sedai in the White Tower) "A slender woman with black hair falling to her waist, the only one of the three she recognized - her name was Ananda; she was Yellow Ajah - wore a sickly brown halo, shriveled and split by rotting fissures that fell in and widened as they decayed. The small, fair-haired Aes Sedai beside Ananda was Green Ajah, by her green-fringed shawl. The White Flame of Tar Valon on it showed for a moment when she turned her back. And on her shoulder, s if nestled among the grape vines and flowering apple branches worked on her shawl, sat a human skull. A small woman's skull, pricked clean and sun bleached. The third, a plumply pretty woman halfway around the room, wore no shawl; most Aes Sedai did not except for ceremony. The lift of her chin and the set of her shoulders spoke of strength and pride. She seemed to be casting blue eyes on the petitioners through a tattered curtain of blood, crimson streamers running down her face." (TSR, Ch. 1).
- (About an Accepted in the White Tower) "Another Accepted came to replace one already there, and to Min's eyes bars floated in front of her apple-cheeked face, like a cage." (TSR, Ch. 1).
- (About Sheriam) "Sheriam, the Mistress of Novices, looked into the hall - after one glance, Min kept her gaze on the stone under her feet; Sheriam knew her all too well - and the red-haired Aes Sedai's face seemed battered and bruised. It was only the viewing, of course, but Min still had to bit her lip to stifle a gasp." (TSR, Ch. 1).
- (About a Brown Aes Sedai in the White Tower) "The Brown sister was smiling, too, but her aura faded like a guttering candle flame." (TSR, Ch. 1).
- (About some Warders, servants and Aes Sedai in the White Tower) "Warders hurried by with barely a glance for the two women, men who moved like hunting wolves, their swords only an afterthought to their deadliness, but they seemed to have bloody faces, or gaping wounds. Swords and spears danced about their heads, threatening. Their auras flashed wildly, flickered on the knife edge of death. She saw dead men walking, knew they would die on the same day as the Aes Sedai in the entry hall, or at most a day later. Even some of the servants, men and women with the Flame of Tar Valon on their breasts, hurrying about their work, bore signs of violence. An Aes Sedai glimpsed down a side hallway appeared to have chains in the air around her, and another, crossing the corridor ahead of Min and her guide, seemed for most of those few strides to wear a silver collar around her neck." (TSR, Ch. 1).
- (About Gawyn) "Min flinched; for a moment, streaks of blood had made his face a grim mask. It was like a double hammer blow. Her friends were gone - it had eased her coming to the Tower, knowing they were here - and Gawyn was going to be wounded on the day the Aes Sedai died." (TSR, Ch. 1).
- (About Gawyn) "Despite all she had seen since entering the Tower, despite her fear, none of it had really touched her personally until now. Disaster striking the Tower would spread far from Tar Valon, yet she was not of the Tower and never could be. But Gawyn was someone she knew, someone she liked, and he was going to be hurt more than the blood told, hurt somehow deeper than wounds to his flesh." (TSR, Ch. 1).
- (About Gawyn) "He scowled, and for an instant his face was that bloody mask again. More: a sword floated above his head, and a banner waved behind it. The long-hilted sword, like those most Warders used, had a heron engraved on its slightly curved blade, symbol of a blademaster, and Min would not say whether it belonged to Gawyn or threatened him. The banner bore Gawyn's sigil of the charging White Boar, but on a field of green rather than the red of Andor. Both sword and banner faded with the flood." (TSR, Ch. 1).
- (About Leane) "For a moment the Keeper had been looking through a transparent mask of her own face, a screaming mask." (TSR, Ch. 1).
- (About Siuan) "Siuan Sanche was standing there as regal as any queen, and for a moment she was also lying on the floor, naked. Aside from her being in only her skin, there was something odd about the image, but it vanished before Min could say what." (TSR, Ch. 1).
- (About Logain) "But she had never before seen a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It was only there for a moment, but that was enough." (TSR, Ch. 17).
- (Siuan speaking about some people at the Tower) "Your viewings have been very useful. It's important to know about Logain. You found the groom who was stealing before suspicion could land on someone else. And that fire-haired novice who was going to get herself with child?!" And later: "Min sighed, and not only because the Amyrlin meant to hold on to her. The last time she had seen that redheaded novice, the girl had been sneaking off to a wooded part of the grounds with a muscular guard. They would be married, maybe before the end of summer; Min had known that as soon as she saw them together, though the Tower never let a novice leave until the Tower was ready, even one who could not go any further in her training. There was a farm in that pair's future, and a swarm of children, but it was pointless to tell the Amyrlin that." (TSR, Ch. 17).
- (About Logain) "Suddenly, for a moment, that flaring halo of gold and blue shone about his head, speaking of glory to come as surely as it had the first time she had seen it." (TSR, Ch. 47).
- (About Gawyn) "For a moment she let herself think of the images she had glimpsed, just for a moment, flickering around Gawyn's head. Gawyn kneeling at Egwene's feet with his head bowed, and Gawyn breaking Egwene's neck, first one then the other, as if either could be the future." (TSR, Ch. 47).
The Fires of Heaven
- (About Logain) "For an instant, to Min's eyes, a halo flared around his head, a radiant crown of gold and blue." (TFoH, Ch. 1).
- (About Logain) "The halo of greatness, blue and gold, flickered around Logain's head, though he rode slumped in his saddle." (TFoH, Ch. 26).
- (About Sheriam) "Rays of silver and blue flashed about her fiery hair, and a soft golden light." (TFoH, Ch. 26).
- (About Carlinya) "For an instant Min saw an image of a raven floating beside her dark hair; more a drawing of the bird than the bird itself. She thought it was a tattoo, but she did not know its meaning." (TFoH, Ch. 26).
- (About Edesina) "To Min's eyes, a silvery collar suddenly appeared, snug around the woman's neck, and as suddenly seemed to shatter. Min shivered. She did not like viewings connected to the Seanchan. At least Edesina would escape somehow." (TFoH, Ch. 26).
- (About Gareth Bryne. Min speaking to Siuan) "When Bryne came in, I had a viewing. An aura, and a bull ripping roses from around its neck, and...None of it matters except the aura. I didn't even really understand that, but more than anything else. If you want to stay alive, you had better stay close to him. All I know is this. If he stays close to you, you live. If he gets too far away, for too long, you are going to die. Both of you. I don't know why I should have seen anything about you in his aura, but you seemed like part of it." (TFoH, Ch. 28).
- (About Faolain) "A nasty woman. You'd think, if there was any justice, she would have an unpleasant future ahead of her." (TFoH, Ch. 50).
- (About Rand) "I saw you'd fall in love with him. I don't know what he feels for you, only that he's tied to you some way." Elayne says, "And you saw there would be someone else. Someone I'd have to share him with." Min's reply: "Two. Two others. And...And I'm one." (TFoH, Ch. 50).
- (About an unknown woman, to Elayne) "And Cairhienin women aren't all like Moiraine. I saw a Cairhienin woman in Baerlon once. On the surface, she made Moiraine look like Leane, but sometimes she said things, hinting. And the auras! I don't think a man in the whole town was safe alone with her, not unless he was ugly, lame, and better yet, dead." (TFoH, Ch. 50).
Lord of Chaos
- (About Enaila) "An image flickered above Enaila's head and was gone. A wreath of some sort; Min had no idea what it meant." (LoC, Ch. 41).
- (About Rand) "One of those images she had seen every time she saw him. Countless thousands of sparkling lights, like stars of fireflies, rushed into a great blackness, trying to fill it up, rushed in and were swallowed. There seemed to be more lights than she had ever seen before, but the darkness swallowed them at a greater rate, too. And there was something else, something new, an aura of yellow and brown and purple that made her stomach clench." (LoC, Ch. 41).
- (About Rand) "I might as well tell you something else while I'm about it. I saw an aura around you in the throne room. Aes Sedai are going to hurt you. Women who can channel, anyway. It was all confused; I'm not sure about the Aes Sedai part. But it might happen more than once. I think that's why it seemed all scrambled." (LoC, Ch. 41).
- (About Perrin) "He's found his falcon, and I wouldn't be surprised if she kills him when the hawk appears." (LoC, Ch. 46).
- (About Rand and Perrin, to Rand) "When you two were together, I saw those fireflies and the darkness stronger than ever. But with the two of you in the same room, the fireflies were holding their own instead of being eaten faster than they can swarm, the way they do when you're alone. And something else I saw when you were together. Twice he's going to have to be there, or you-If he's not, something bad will happen to you. Very bad." Rand replies: "Then I'll just have to keep him around." Min's answer: "I don't know that that will be enough. It will happen if he is not there, but nothing I saw said it won't because he is. It will be very bad, Rand. Just thinking of that viewing makes me?" (LoC, Ch. 46).
- (About Bera and Kiruna) "Images and auras flickered about them as always around Aes Sedai and Warders. One caught Min's eye when it flashed around both women at the same instant, brownish yellow and deep purple. The colors themselves meant nothing, but that aura made Min stop breathing." (LoC, Ch. 49).
- (About Bera and Kiruna, to Rand) "Blood, death, the One Power, those two women and you, all in the same place at the same time. Kiruna and Bera do not like you, not at all! Remember what I saw around you? Women who can channel, hurting you. It is the auras, and the thirteen, and everything, Rand. It is too much!" (LoC, Ch. 49).
- (About Colinda) "And that Colinda. I saw - No. No, it doesn't have anything to do with you. Maybe the heat is affecting me. When I know, I always know. It must be the heat." (LoC, Ch. 50).
- (About various people) "The sitting room turned out better, with Min peering through cracked doors into the anteroom, but not everyone showed image or aura to her eyes during the audience with him, and what she did see, there and simply walking about in the hallways, was bleak. Maringil, white-haired and blade-slim and cool as ice, was going to die by poison. Colavaere, her more than handsome face calm and collected once she learned Aviendha was not with Rand this time, would die by hanging. Meilan, with his pointy pointed beard and oily voice, would die by the knife. The future carried a heavy toll for the High Lords of Tear. Aracome and Maraconn and Gueyam were all going to die too, bloody deaths, in battle, Min thought. She said she had never seen death so often in one group of people. By the time she saw blood covering Gueyam's broad face, their fifth day in Cairhien, she felt so ill at the thought that Rand made her lie down and had Sulin bring damp cloths to lay on her forehead." (LoC, Ch. 50).
- (About Berelain, to Rand) "I saw nothing of any use to you. Just a man in white who will make her fall head over heels." (LoC, Ch. 50).
A Crown of Swords
- (About Mazrim Taim) "Taim has blood in his past and blood in his future, but you could guess that. He's a dangerous man." (ACoS, Ch. 2).
- (To Rand) "I saw you and another man. I couldn't make out either face, but I knew one was you. You touched, and seemed to merge into one another, and I don't know what it means, Rand, except that one of you dies, and one doesn't." (ACoS, Ch. 33).
- (About Alanna, Bera, Faeldrin, Merana and Rafela, to Rand) "They will keep their word. I just saw these five in your hand." (ACoS, Ch. 34).
- (To Harine) "You will be punished for what happens here today, Harine, but not so much as you fear, I think. At least, one day you will be the Mistress of the Ships." (ACoS, Ch. 34).
- (About Rand) "A tiny stab of guilt made her shift her seat on the coverlet. She had not really lied when he asked what viewings she had kept back. Not really. What good to tell him he would almost certainly fail without a woman who was dead and gone?" (ACoS, Ch. 35).
- (About Moiraine) "Min sighed regretfully, but it was not as if she had really expected Moiraine to turn up alive. Moiraine was the only viewing of hers that had ever failed." (ACoS, Ch. 35).
- (About Caraline Damodred and Darlin Sisnera) "Caraline Damodred drew herself up on her saddle, face cold enough to shame an Aes Sedai, but suddenly auras of red and white flashed around her and Darlin, and Min knew. The colors never seemed to matter, but she knew that they would marry - after Caraline had led him a merry chase. More, to her eyes a crown suddenly appeared on Darlin's head, a simple golden circlet with a slightly curved sword lying on its side above his brows. The king's crown he would wear one day, though of what country, she could not say. Tear (Nation) had High Lords instead of a king." (ACoS, Ch. 35).
- (About Daved Hanlon) "He glared at her back as she took a goblet of punch and waved the servant away, and Min's breath caught at the aura that suddenly flashed around him, bruised hues so dark they seemed nearly black. 'Don't trust that man, Lady Caraline.' She could not stop herself. 'He will murder anyone he thinks is in his way; he'll kill for a whim, kill anybody.'" And later, "How do explain what she did know about Hanlon now, that his hands would be red with more rapes and murders before he died?" (ACoS, Ch. 35).
- (About various people) "Furtively she studied the three people gathered around the bed. Cadsuane in her chair, Amys standing opposite, Dashiva leaning against one of the square bedposts at the foot, all with unreadable auras and images dancing around them." (ACoS, Ch. 36).
- (About Cadsuane, to Rand) "It's Cadsuane. She is going to teach you something, you and the Asha'man. All the Asha'man, I mean. It's something you have to learn, but I don't know what it is, except that none of you will like learning it from her. You aren't going to like it at all." (ACoS, Ch. 41).
The Path of Daggers
- (About Caraline and Darlin, to Rand and Dobraine) "As for Darlin, aside from the fact that he'll marry Caraline, after she's wrung him out and hung him up to dry, all I can say is that one day he'll be a king. I saw the crown on his head, a thing with a sword on the front of it, but I don't know what country it belongs too. And, oh, yes. He'll die in bed, and she will survive him." (TPoD, Ch. 27).
- (About Beldeine) "Light, she was going to bond an Asha'man as a Warder! How?? No; it was not important now." (TPoD, Ch. 29).
- (About Sarene) "Images and auras; a tempestuous love affair, of all things! The woman was ice, however beautiful. And there was nothing useful in knowing some man would melt her!" (TPoD, Ch. 29).
- (About Nesune) "One red-and-green aura spoke of honors, and fame. A huge building appeared above her head and vanished. A library she would found." (TPoD, Ch. 29).
- (About Beldeine, Elza, Erian, Nesune, Sarene and Sorilea) "Among all of those images spilling around Rand and the women, suddenly an aura flashed, blue and yellow tinged with green, encompassing them all. And Min knew its meaning. She gasped, half in surprise, half in relief. 'They will serve you, each in her fashion, Rand,' she said hurriedly. 'I saw it.' Sorilea would serve him? Suddenly Min wondered exactly what 'in her fashion' meant. The words came with the knowing, but she did not always know what the words themselves meant. But they would serve; that much was plain." (TPoD, Ch. 29).
- (About Elayne) "She should have drunk that heartleaf tea. She'll get with child from this. Two of them; a boy and a girl; both healthy and strong." (WH, Ch. 12).
- (About Aviendha) "Min wondered whether to tell her what she had seen while they were all together. Aviendha would have Rand's babies, too. Four of them at once! Something was odd about that, though. The babies would be healthy, but still something odd." (WH, Ch. 12).
- (About Birgitte) "Auras danced around her and images flickered, more than Min had ever seen around anyone, thousands it seemed, cascading over one another." And later, "And what did she mean, Silverbow was dead? The woman was standing right in front of her! Besides, those multitudes of images and auras flashed by too quickly for her to make out any clearly, but she was certain they indicated more adventures than a woman could have in one lifetime. Strangely, some were connected to an ugly man who was older than she, and others to an ugly man who was much younger, yet somehow Min knew they were the same man." (WH, Ch. 12).
- (About Alivia) "Rand, I like Alivia. I do, even if she does make Nynaeve have kittens left and right. But she is going to kill you." (WH, Ch. 25).
Crossroads of Twilight
- (About Logain) "Logain's aura still speaks of glory, stronger than ever. Maybe he still thinks he's the real Dragon Reborn." (CoT, Ch. 24).
- (About Davram Bashere) "And there's something...dark...in the images I saw around Lord Davram. If he turns against you, or dies..." (CoT, Ch. 24).
Knife of Dreams
- (About Com and Doni) "Min gazed after them with an expression of misery that the bond echoed even after she shook her head and smoothed her face. What had she seen? Death, probably." (KoD, Ch. 21).
The Gathering Storm
- (About Rand) "The air shimmered above Rand, and a mountain appeared there. Viewings were so common around Rand that Min usually forced herself to ignore them unless they were new - though she did spend time some days trying to pick them all out and sort through them. This one was new, and it caught her attention. The towering mountain was blasted out on one side, making a jagged hole down the slope. Dragonmount? It was cloaked in dark shadows, as if shaded by cloudshigh above. That was odd; whenever she'd seen the mountain, it had reached higher than the clouds themselves. Dragonmount in shadows. It would be important to Rand in the future. Was that a tiny prick of light shining from the heavens down onto the point of the mountain?" (TGS, Ch. 37).
- (About Min's viewings) "The girl is correct. Cadsuane sounded surprised. What this child sees are viewings in the Pattern from a time still distant - but if the Dark One wins, he will destroy the Pattern entirely. This is the only way the visions could fail to occur." (TGS, Ch. 44).
- (About Nynaeve) "And... what was that vision that was suddenly hovering above Nynaeve's head? She was kneeling over someone's corpse in a posture of grief." (TGS, Ch. 48).
- (About Beldeine) "For instance, the black knife that spun around Beldeine's head recently could mean anything." (TGS, Ch. 48).
Towers of Midnight
- (About Rand) "New viewings spun around his head. She normally ignored those, but she couldn't do so now. An open cavern, gaping like a mouth. Bloodstained rocks. Two dead men on the ground, surrounded by ranks and ranks of Trollocs, a pipe with smoke curling from it." (ToM, Ch. 13).
The cavern is likely the entrance to the Pit of Doom
The two men may be Lan and Demandred, or possibly Rand and Moridin, though the ranks of Trollocs make that unlikely
The pipe with smoke curling from it is probably the pipe Rand lit by manipulating the Pattern
- (About Rand) "Rand, I see sunlight around you. He looked up at her, then glanced at the sky. Not that sunlight, Min whispered. A viewing. I see dark clouds, pushed away by the sunlight's warmth. I see you, a brilliant white sword held in your hand, wielded against one of black, held by a faceless darkness. I see trees, growing green again, bearing fruit. I see a field, the crops healthy and full. She hesitated. I see the Two Rivers, Rand. I see an inn there with the mark of the Dragon's Fang inlaid on its door. No longer be a symbol of darkness or hate. A sign of victory and hope." (ToM, Ch. 25).
The white sword may be Callandor, though it is not clear what the black one would be. As it is held by a faceless darkness, it may be a metaphorical sword, as Rand did meet such a darkness
- (About Durnham) "I see a silver axe around that man's head, she said, pointing to a bearded beggar, who lay against a wall, his chin down against his chest. He will be a leader in the Last Battle." (ToM, Ch. 25).
- (About people sitting in a street in Bandar Eban) "That woman there - the one sulking in the shadows - she will be trained by the White Tower and become Aes Sedai. I can see the Flame of Tar Valon beside her, and I know what it means. The man over there who looks like a simple street tough? He will save her life. I know he doesn't look like it, but he will fight. All of them will. I can see it!" (ToM, Ch. 25).
- (About Rand) "A glowing sword, Callandor, being gripped by a black hand. She gasped. What did you see? Rand asked softly. Callandor, held in a fist. The hand looks to be made of onyx." (ToM, Ch. 51).
- (About Tenobia) "Tenobia has a spear hovering over her head, Min said. Bloody, but shining in the light." (ToM, Ch. 51).
- (About Ethenielle) "Ethenielle will soon be wed - I see that by white doves. She plans to do something dangerous today, so be careful." (ToM, Ch. 51).
- (About Easar and Paitar) "The other two have various swords, shields and arrows hovering above them. Both will fight soon. In the Last Battle? Rand asked. I don't know, she admitted. It could here, today." (ToM, Ch. 51).
A Memory of Light
- (About Fortuona) "A bloody flower around her head. A death lily. Someone is going to try to kill her very soon." (AMoL, Ch. 27).
- (About Fortuona) "I see a bloody death lily, as I told Mat. And three ships, sailing. An insect in the darkness. Red lights, spread across a field that should be lush and ripe. A man with the teeth of a wolf." (AMoL, Ch. 27).
- (About Gokhan) "The omen for this man is white lace trailing in a pond. I know that it means his marriage in the near future." (AMoL, Ch. 32).
- (About a young Seanchan female soldier) (Fortuona speaking) "You saw the sign of the white boar. The boar is the symbol of one Handoin, one of my rivals in Seanchan. The white boar is an omen of danger, perhaps betrayal. This woman works for him, or will in the future." (AMoL, Ch. 32).
- (About Siuan and Bryne) "Siuan...I saw an aura around Bryne that meant you had to stay together, or the two of you would die. It hangs above you, right now. Whatever you think you did, the viewing has not been accomplished yet. It's still there." (AMoL, Ch. 37).
- (About Yulan) "A chain. Why would he have a chain above his head? He's a captive, she thought suddenly. Light. Someone is playing him like an instrument." (AMoL, Ch. 37).
- (About Moghedien) "Min scanned the watching crowd, and her breath caught as she noticed for the first time that one of the so'jhin, a youthful woman with freckles, carried an array of images above her head. ... People who were not channelers, Warders or ta'veren rarely had so many images attached to them." (AMoL, Ch. 37).