Maibella ni Rhoiden t'al'Varrak
|Maibella ni Rhoiden t'al'Varrak|
|Title||Tar Valon Times Editor|
|Join Date||February 19, 2013|
|Bonded to||Dnae Ila|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: February 19, 2013
- Joined Tower: April 6, 2013
- Raised Accepted: May 20, 2014
- Aspired to the Gray Ajah: November 27, 2014
- Raised Aes Sedai: August 6, 2015
- Sitter for the Gray Ajah: Fall 2018
- Tar Valon Times Editor: May 1, 2015 - present
- Library Editor: March 3, 2013 - present
- Heart of the Gray Ajah: January 1, 2016 - July 8, 2016
- Tar Valon Times Assistant Editor: November 5, 2014 - April 30, 2015
- Members' Choice Award: Outstanding Junior Member Involvement (Female) - 2015
- Keeper's Award: Non Membership Admin of the Year - 2015
- Members' Choice Award:
- Outstanding Aes Sedai Involvement - 2016
- Most Welcoming Member - 2016
- Members' Choice Award: Friendliest Member - 2017
- The Annoura Award: Annual Gray Ajah Awards 2016
- The Deanna Award: Annual Gray Ajah Awards 2016
- The Kwamesa Award: Annual Gray Ajah Awards 2016
- The Deanna Award: Annual Gray Ajah Awards 2015
- Gray Pieing
- Gray Guide
- None Yet.
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- JordanCon 2014 - Roswell, Georgia, USA
- Anniversary Party 2015 - Red Top Mountain State Park, Cartersville, Georgia, USA
- Fall Ball 2018 - Sleepy Hollow, NY, USA
Senior Member Interview
October 8, 2011
- Ajah Questions
- Why did you choose Gray?
My time Guesting with the Gray Ajah felt comfortable and homey in a way that I didn’t experience with any other Ajah.
- Are you like the Grays in the books? Do you enjoy following politics and mediating disputes?
I didn’t realize it until I Aspired Gray but I am a LOT like the Grays! I thrive on balance and peace and am always the mediator between others. I don’t really follow politics and political debates but I am always trying to get people to see each other’s points of view and have empathy for one another.
- Do you have a favorite Gray Ajah character from the novels?
Sadly, no. I wish there were more amazing Grays in the books!
- Book Questions
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I started reading them sometime in the early 1990s. There were either two or three books out when I got started.
- How did you first get into the series?
My dad is the one who has introduced me to most of my favorite fantasy novels and this was no exception. He picked up a copy of The Eye of the World and really enjoyed it, so he passed it on to my sister and me and then all three of us were hooked.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
I can’t pick a favorite – I love lots of things about lots of characters.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
--- Early books spoiler alert --- I love Ingtar because of how his story ends with him coming back to the light.
- Favorite book and scene?
I’ve read and listened to the books so many times that I can’t differentiate one from another anymore, let alone pick a favorite!
There are two scenes that stand out most vividly to me. In the first book Rand is traveling to Emond’s Field on a bleak and windy day when he sees a dark figure in the distance whose cloak doesn’t blow in the wind. Reading that scene for the first time gave me chills and that’s when I knew I was going to love this series. Much, much later there is the scene with Egwene leading the battle in the White Tower after her imprisonment there. That scene was incredibly powerful and vivid. And that’s when I knew that Brandon Sanderson would do justice to the conclusion of the series.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
I’d probably be an Ebou Dari woman, possibly with my own inn. Either that or an Aes Sedai focused on research and learning.
- General Questions
- What do you do in "real life"?
I’m a mom to a teenage boy and I’m the Operations Manager at a company that designs and builds stream and wetland restoration projects.
- Do you have any hobbies?
I love board games, visiting historic locations, playing RPGs, reading (or listening) to all kinds of books.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I like pop and top 40 stuff, classic country, Christian music, some newer country, classic rock, older hits (from my youth!), country, K-Pop (that’s my son’s influence), and lots of other genres.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
I love everything Star Trek and Star Wars. I’m also a big fan of This Is Us, Downton Abbey, and The Big Bang Theory. Some of my watch-them-whenever-they-come-on-tv movies are Fried Green Tomatoes, The Princess Bride, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, and My Cousin Vinny.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
My very favorite non-WoT series Anne McCaffery’s Pern books – that is the world I’d most love to live in.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I think I wanted to be a teacher but I can’t remember. I’m pretty good at teaching and really enjoy teaching adults who are struggling to learn something. If I could easily change my career I’d like to teach classes at a community college for adults who are going back to school or the work force to help them get the skills they need.