|Title||Mistress of Accepted and Soldiers|
|Join Date||December 11, 2004|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: December 11, 2004
- Joined Tower: February 7, 2005
- Raised Accepted: May 4, 2005
- Raised Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah: March 17, 2006
- Demoted to Accepted: January 1, 2008
- Aspired to the White Ajah: November 18, 2010
- Raised Aes Sedai of the White Ajah: September 16, 2011
- Heart of the White Ajah: October 16, 2020 - present
- Mistress of Accepted and Soldiers: August 2, 2020 - present
- Library Editor
- Social Marketing Team: December 21, 2017 - March 10, 2021
- Survey Team: September 20, 2019 - December 28, 2020
- Olde Warder and Hen Forum Moderator: June 2, 2020 - October 5, 2020
- Sitter for the White Ajah:
- Department of Community Outreach Staff: June 14, 2016 - June 30, 2020
- Olde Warder and Hen Forum Moderator: July 3, 2018 - May 10, 2020
- Head of the White Ajah: January 1, 2017 - August 4, 2018
- Friendly Face Team: April 20, 2015 - June 12, 2018
- Classroom Teacher: Wiki Editing 101: May 2017 - August 2017
- Tar Valon Times Staff:
- January 28, 2016 - December 31, 2016
- October 2007 - August 2008
- Tar Valon Times Articles
- Heart of the White Ajah:
- July 20, 2015 - January 1, 2016
- July 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012
- Tower Historian: November 4, 2012 - July 16, 2015
- Integration Focus Group member: May 2, 2014 - October 18, 2014
- Merit Badge Focus Group member: January 5, 2014 - December 31, 2014
- Local Liaison for Fall Ball 2013 in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
- Soul of the White Ajah: May 2011 - September 2011
- Online Events Team: May 12, 2008 - December 31, 2009
- Sitter for the Green Ajah: Fall 2006
- Tar Valon Radio host of "New Nights with Kitan:" 2005-2006
- Creative Articles
- Amyrlin's Award: Unsung Servant - 2017
- Members' Choice Award: Most Likely to Give You the Shirt Off Their Back - 2017
- Feastday Award: Bel Tine NPC Award - 2017
- Alena Mysana, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah
- Neisa Alibrylla, Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah
- Tyeslan Al'Monhan, then Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
- Cynayne Nilonne, former Novice: July 24, 2017 - October 1, 2019
- Lok Sionn, Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah: July 27, 2016 - March 21, 2020
- Stephen Lightheart, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah: January 1, 2015 - July 17, 2016
- Lia Kellenit, Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah: January 30, 2015 - November 17, 2015
- Elia LePhant, Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah: February 2, 2013 - January 29, 2014
- Adra Ceana, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah: October 8, 2007 - January 1, 2008
- Celinda al'Velis, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah: August 21, 2006 - January 1, 2008
Other Tower Relationships
- Anniversary Party 2006 - Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
- Anniversary Party 2007 - Winter Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2008 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2011 - Charleston, South Carolina, USA
- Anniversary Party 2012 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2013 - Fenton, Michigan, USA
- Anniversary Party 2014 - Angelus Oaks, California, USA - 6th Place Overall, Amyrlin's Tournament
- Anniversary Party 2015 - Red Top Mountain State Park, Cartersville, Georgia, USA
- Anniversary Party 2017 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2018 - Gooding, Idaho, USA
- Anniversary Party 2019 - Ariel, Washington, USA
- Comic-Con 2005 - San Diego, California, USA
- Fall Ball 2006 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Fall Ball 2013 - Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: Co-Local Liaison
May 19, 2020
- Why did you choose White?
White was the Ajah I'd "written off" inside my head when I began guesting. I didn't even consider it as a possibility. Me? Logic? Ha!
So I guested with all the other Ajahs. Several times. Eventually I decided to guest White just so I could say I visited every Ajah. And...White felt like home. But it couldn't be, I thought. Me and logic don't fit together.
So I left.
And I came back.
And I left.
And I came back again.
And I left.
And I came back yet again.
I guested in White 4 times because I was sure it was a fluke that I fit. But eventually I realized that as crazy unlikely as it was, White was my home. Part of that is that I discovered that core of the Ajah isn't just logic: It's the search for truth. I'm interested in the nature of life, in how things work, especially on an emotional level. I'm a truth-seeker. I will change my opinion when I am presented with facts that show I'm wrong.
Ever since discovering White, I've said that (book) Browns seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge, and (site) Whites seek knowledge in search of truth.
In the Wheel of Time Companion, the book members of the White Ajah are said to have "abstained from matters of the world and worldly knowledge, and instead devoted themselves to questions of philosophy and truth." So the idea of Whites not solely being about logic is actually canon.
Moiraine said in The Fires of Heaven: "I mean to deal with the world as I find the world, as long as I can." I find White's outlook to be very similar. We would rather see the world as it actually is than see it as others want to present it to us. And we would rather see the world as it actually is than how we may want it to be.
Just about every White has gone through something very difficult in their lives. For me, it's complex post-traumatic stress disorder and the events that created it. I think that the fact that we've overcome significant hardships helps give us the desire to see the world as it actually is.
I went to 10th anni, and that was my first time interacting with Whites. Despite the fact that I was Accepted, I was immediately accepted (no pun intended) by all the Whites. I knew these were my Sisters. I'd experienced that feeling online, and meeting Whites in person cemented it permanently for me.
After discovering White and realizing it's my home, I've never looked back. I've never doubted. I'm a demotee, so I wanted to make sure the Ajah I chose was my true fit. And I found it. White is my home. This is where I fit. This is who I am.
- Are you like the Whites in the Books? Are you a logical woman with no time for emotion in her life?
I don't think I'd be a book White. Whether I like it or not, I have emotions...sometimes strong ones that I find difficult to control. I'm working on it.
If I were an Aes Sedai in the books, I'd probably be a somewhat fierce Yellow.
- Do you have a favorite White Ajah character from the novels?
SPOILERS! My favorite White in the books is Seaine Herimon. I admire Seaine's resolve to do what's right by the letter of the law - that is why Seaine upholds Elaida as Amyrlin, but only until Egwene points out that some of the Sitters who voted for Elaida were Black Ajah, making that raising illegal. After receiving that new information, Seaine does the logical (but incredibly difficult) thing: She supports Egwene. Being able to change one's opinion based on new facts is a very admirable trait.
I also admire Seaine because she uncovered several Black sisters as a Black Ajah hunter. That took logic, courage, and cunning. And I admire how Seaine went to the Red Ajah quarters to recruit Pevara to be a Black Ajah hunter. Relations between the Ajahs were strained (to say the least) at that point in the books. Going into the Red quarters to speak with a Red sister was a clear act of courage.
I also admire Daigian Moseneillin. She is so weak in the Power that she just barely gained the Shawl, but her logic is impeccable, making her a perfect White. Unlike some Whites, she acknowledges that she has emotion, but she controls it. She continued fighting for the Light after losing her Warder, she showed incredible strength by refusing Healing for her grief, and she was patient with Nynaeve as she taught her the hundred weaves. Though Daigian was barely more than a servant among other Aes Sedai, due to her weakness in the Power, she still stayed among them and contributed where she could. She could have always left and gone somewhere among "normal" people, where she would be respected as an Aes Sedai and as a minor Cairhienin noble. Instead, she made the hard choice. So when I cosplay, I cosplay as Daigian.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I've been a fan of the Wheel of Time series since 2004. Somehow it feels like forever.
- How did you first get into the series?
I read part of Nynaeve's Accepted test over someone's shoulder while sitting in a waiting area in late 2003. I finally picked up Eye of the World in April 2004 during a visit to Manhattan (New York City, USA) with my college's chamber singers. As soon as I really got into the book I was hooked - though the prologue really confused me!
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
My favorite hero is Perrin. He's quiet and was never one to seek the spotlight, but he does what needs to be done.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
Alviarin is my favorite bad gal. She's very human...you see her when she's strong and when she's weak and disgraced. I don't agree with any of her decisions, but she's a fascinating character.
- Favorite book and scene?
My favorite book and scene is The Gathering Storm, when Egwene takes charge of the novices during the attack.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
I think I'd be a reluctant apprentice to the Wise Ones.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I found TarValon.Net through LiveJournal, which tells you how long ago that was!
I stayed and became a senior member because of the sense of community I found here. Tar Valon has seriously enriched my life.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I'm a system administrator.
- Do you have any hobbies?
Reading, definitely. I like to read on my Kindle in the bath.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Various singer-songwriters. Ask me if you're that curious :)
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is my favorite series. Yes, I like it even better than The Next Generation.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
My favorite series, hands down, is the Old Kingdom trilogy by Garth Nix (the books are Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen). If you haven't read it, go pick it up. I also read some pretty trashy romance novels...
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
When I was in middle and high school I wanted to be a choir teacher. I actually went to university as a choral education major, but I changed my major to English halfway through my junior year. I could have never predicted where I am now, but I'm happy with my life.