|Join Date||October 4, 2008|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: October 4, 2008
- Joined Tower: January 6, 2009
- Raised Accepted: June 28, 2011
- Aspired to the Yellow Ajah: September 14, 2011
- Raised Aes Sedai: August 19, 2012
- Tea Cozy of the Yellow Ajah: January 2015 - November 18, 2017
- Sunshine of the Yellow Ajah: December 7, 2011 - September 3, 2016
- Welcome Committee: January 21, 2012 - July 6, 2012
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
Senior Member Interview
October 4, 2015
- Why did you choose Yellow?
There was just something special about Yellow! The mission of the Ajah fit in with my goals and the way I want to live my life. The Aes Sedai and Warders were/are awesome, and I felt a strong desire to contribute and belong. I left the Ajah for a few weeks while guesting to make sure it was the right choice, and the whole time I was away I kept wishing I were in Yellow.
- Are you like the Yellows in the Books? Do you care for people and love to heal things?
Overall, I do love to care for people and heal things. Sometimes I have a cynical attitude toward humanity, but overall I strive to treat people around me with kindness. I’m also passionate about working to heal problems in society, such as agricultural, environmental, and social justice issues.
- Do you have a favorite Yellow Ajah character from the novels?
I like Nynaeve, even though she can be irritating sometimes.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
Since I was 10. So, about 15 years.
- How did you first get into the series?
I saw the first book in Barnes & Noble, was intrigued by the cover art, and decided to give it a try. I’m glad for that impulse buy, because I became hooked!
- Who is your favorite “hero”?
Moiraine! She’s totally bad-ass.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
Elaida. She is just so crazy and mean. Practically every Elaida scene I read has me fuming.
- Favorite book and scene?
Pretty much all of New Spring because Moiraine.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
Definitely Aes Sedai! We are super cool.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
There was an advertisement for it in From the Two Rivers, so I decided to check it out. The people, activity, and sense of community are what have convinced me to stay.
- What do you do in "real life”?
Most of my jobs have been in organic farming or nutrition, but currently, I’m working as an English teaching assistant in France. I plan to go to grad school next year to study sustainable agricultural development.
- Do you have any hobbies?
I like to play the violin and mandolin and go rock climbing, walking, and biking. I also like arts and crafts such as knitting and scrapbooking.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Many kinds, except for jazz, heavy metal, and pop.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
TV: The X-Files, Arrested Development, The Killing, An Honorable Woman, Cosmos, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Fringe, Orange is the New Black, American Horror Story. I also have a soft spot for the British Baking Show-- oh, those Brits! Movies: Ever After, Pride & Prejudice, Hook, Virunga, Inglourious Basterds, horror films (even some of the terrible ones!).
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Poor Economics, A Train in Winter, Men We Reaped, Ella Enchanted. Books and short stories by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Lorrie Moore, Toni Morrison, and Alice Munro
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I wanted to be many things! Artist, astronaut, pop singer, famous actress, archaeologist. Sadly, none of these worked out for me, but I’m happy with my path in life!