Easar Togita is the King of Shienar. His personal sigil is a white hart.
Easar is an older man, his white hair shaved off with the exception of the traditional Shienaran topknot. He is about the same height as Elayne; he is shorter than Paitar Nachiman, and slighter, as well. His eyes are sad and his face square and free of wrinkles (TPoD, Prologue; WH, Ch. 27).
Easar is a hard man, a wise ruler and a skilled diplomat. Although he does not look it, he is also a fine soldier. However, he also has a softer side to him. His eyes seem almost permanently sad, and he has been mourning his dead wife for eleven years. (TPoD, Prologue; WH, Ch. 27)
- Easar rides to the Black Hills to meet with the other Borderlands rulers. They discuss Rand (TPoD, Prologue).
- After Merilille meets with Easar and the other Borderlands rulers, Elayne, Aviendha, and Birgitte meet with them and discuss Rand and the subject of the Borderlanders riding through Andor (WH, Ch. 27).
- He swears fealty to Rand in exchange for Rand having the Aes Sedai with him be taught Traveling so that his armies can fight in the Last Battle (ToM, Ch. 51).
- He tells Lan that the Borderlanders will fight with him at Tarwin's Gap (AMoL, Ch. 7).
His wife is deceased and he looks sad to Rand, as though he lost someone important (ToM, Ch. 51).
- Agemlar Jagad and Alesune Chulin accompanied Easar to the meeting with the other Borderlands rulers (TPoD, Prologue).
- Easar has written poetry for his dead wife (TPoD, Prologue).
- Ethenielle's daughter is married to Easar's third son (TPoD, Prologue).
"We are one, to the death." (Easar to the other Borderland rulers; The Path of Daggers, Prologue)
Easar Togita, square-faced and his scalp shaved except for a white topknot, his plain coat the color of old bronze, was a head shorter than the King of Arafel, and slighter, yet he made Paitar look almost soft. Easar of Shienar did not scowl--if anything, a touch of sadness seemed permanent in his eyes--but he might have been made from the same metal as the long sword on his back. (Ethenielle thinking about Easar; The Path of Daggers, Prologue)
"We move toward Caemlyn as invaders, so any Andoran will see it. Winter may be mild here, but we'll still need weeks to ride that far. By the time we do, she will have rallied enough of the Andoran Houses against us, and to her, that she will have the Lion Throne, or near enough. At the least, enough strength will have been pledged to her that no one else will be able to stand long against her." (Easar to the other Borderland rulers and Elayne; Winter's Heart, Chapter 27)