Author: Estyrien al'Halien
Duhara Basaheen is an Aes Sedai and Sitter for the Red Ajah. Like all Reds, Duhara sided with Elaida and the White Tower Aes Sedai when the Tower split (TPoD, Ch. 25). She is also a member of the Black Ajah (TGS, Ch. 39).
- In 979 NE, Duhara becomes the Keeper of the Chronicles for Sierin Vayu (NS, Ch. 14).
- In 984 NE, Duhara steps down as Keeper of the Chronicles when Sierin dies (TWoRJTWoT, Ch. 24).
- Duhara becomes a Sitter for the Red Ajah (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- Duhara meets with Elaida and five other Sitters (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- Duhara meets with Elayne and tells her that Elaida has ordered her to become Elayne's advisor (KoD, Ch. 31).
- Duhara is out of the Tower when Egwene is raised Amyrlin and she is revealed to be Black (TGS, Ch. 39).
- After Elayne takes the throne, Duhara meets with Ellorien as a veiled threat (ToM, Ch. 11). It is not known what happens to her when the Black Ajah flee Tar Valon, but she is replaced as a Sitter, by Barasine (ToM, Ch. 3).
Elaida thinks that Duhara is under her thumb (TPoD, Ch. 25).
Duhara never makes any secret about to which Ajah she belongs (KoD, Ch. 31).
Oddly, Amira was a Red, and so was Duhara. Neither law nor custom demanded that either Keeper or Mistress of Novices be of the Amyrlin's former Ajah, yet it was expected. (Moiraine about Duhara, Amira, and Sierin; New Spring, Chapter 14)
Whether these women knew it or not- well, Duhara knew, certainly, and perhaps the others did- she was their mistress. (Elaida about Duhara and five other Sitters; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 25)