Director of Membership
Director of Membership is an Executive level position. Tasks of this position vary and are focused on providing administration for the entire Department of Membership including Heads, Company Commanders, Mayor, Master/Mistress of Novices and Recruits, and Master/Mistress of Accepted and Soldiers. The Director will also be called upon to offer counsel and insight to the other Directors and Officers.
Position Level: Executive
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Executive Merit
Chain of Command
The Director of Membership reports directly to the Keeper.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide counsel to the Officers as needed.
- Perform any and all duties pertaining to facilitating Membership within our Community including discipline, encouragement, mediation, and paperwork.
- Works closely with the Keeper, and to some extent, the Director of Moderators.
- This position is an administrator on our message boards in order to facilitate the position's responsibilities to be informed and involved with all levels of membership and groups.
- Tact, diplomacy, and discretion are absolutely crucial in this position, as you'll be privy to information and decisions that normal members are not. You will be trusted with being able to see all of the forums on our boards, as well as access to private information about members and their interactions.
- Able and willing to provide at least 15-20 hours per week.
- Must currently be a Senior Member with a tenure of at least one year.
- Must have experience in a Membership position (this includes all administrative positions and all staff positions such as Hall members, Hearts, Honor Guards, and other in-Ajah/Company positions) or have real life experience that directly pertains to this Department's functionings.
- Knowledge of the Bylaws and Membership Manual are a must.
- Must have knowledge of Excel spreadsheets or be willing to learn quickly.
Directors of the Department of Membership
- Sa'areah Britthorn: September 12, 2012 - present