Difference between revisions of "Defen Estrator"
(→Official Event Attendance: dcon 2006)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 12:19, 17 June 2019
|Title||Master of the Watch|
|Join Date||January 23, 2005|
|Bonded to||Penryn Lendayl|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: January 23, 2005
- Joined Tower: July 7, 2005
- Raised Soldier: February 7, 2006
- Raised Gaidin: December 5, 2006
- Master of the Watch: November 17, 2007 - present. When our server's hamster dies, he gets a new one.
- Chat Operator: August 1, 2007 - December 31, 2011
- Server Administrator: June 2007 - November 17, 2007
- Amyrlin's Award: Member of the Year - 2009
- Keeper's Award: Extraordinary Service - 2014
- Members' Choice Award: Geekiest Member - 2009
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2005 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2007 - Winter Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2008 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2011 - Charleston, South Carolina, USA
- Anniversary Party 2017 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- JordanCon 2019 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Senior Member Interview
February 15th 2008
- Why did you choose Dai M'Hael?
Primarily because of the idea of "thought before action", and because they're laid-back.
- How was your time as Citizen/Recruit/Soldier?
I enjoyed being a citizen/recruit/soldier, but considered them a step along the path to SM.
- What things do you do for TV.net?
I am the System Administrator, so I maintain the forums server. I'm also an op in IRC and help new and not-so-new members there with IRC or general PC problems.
- How did you get to read the series?
My friend Nick in high school introduced me to the books.
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
My favorite character has actually changed a few times, as I change and as the characters change. It's been a while since I last read the series, but I think I'm going to have to go with "The disembodied voice of Lews Therin in Rand's head". Nation... Andor I suppose.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
I've attended 3 anniversary parties, 3 Dragon*Cons, and a number of smaller local gatherings. It's been fun pretty much every time, because of the people there.
- What kind of music do you like?
I'll give just about anything a listen, but I tend to not be a fan of country, rap, or bands who seem to think that anger is a substitute for talent.
- What are your favorite movies?
Boondock Saints, Thank You For Smoking, The Whole Nine Yards... quite a few others, I suppose, but those came to mind.
- What is the craziest/stupidest thing you've ever done?
Hard to say. I suppose flying across half the US to meet random internet people might count, but that's generally turned out rather well for me. Trying to move a desk on top of a car with people walking alongside to steady it probably should have failed spectacularly, but that one turned out well too.
- What job do you have?
IT Engineer, mapping and monitoring servers for EDS.
- Do you have a pet?
- What languages do you speak?
Mostly just English. I used to speak a bit of Spanish, but it's mostly gone through lack of practice.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I actually figured out I wanted to do something computer-related pretty early on. I was always the kid who took everything apart, then put it back together again in working order.
- Thom or Juilin?
- Sword or Spear?
- Day or night?
- Candy or cookies?
- A short bio about yourself.
I'm 26, and a Computer Science student whose had several detours on the road to a degree, the most recent of which being a full-time industry job. I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It's a decent enough place that I don't have a strong desire to get out, but I also don't have much of an attachment to it other than friends here.