Captain of Recruits
The Captain of Recruits was an Admin position in the Department of Membership. The position focused on handling all aspects of a recruit's life in the Tower and provided counsel when requested to the Director of Membership and the Officers.
Department: Department of Membership
Position Level: Administrator
Rotation: Every Eighteen months
Merit Eligibility: Administrator Merit
Chain of Command
The Captain of Recruits reported directly to the Director of Membership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provided counsel to the administration as needed
- Kept track of where recruits are at and sent raising packets as necessary.
- Managed the male mentorship program.
- Provided the first line of defense when membership problems with recruits arose
- Worked with the Director and other membership admins when inter-group problems arose
- Moderated the two forums associated with recruits
- Moderated the usergroups associated with recruits
- Built morale and activity for the recruits and within the Garrison
- Worked to coordinate plans to celebrate community-wide festivals and freedays
- Wrote quarterly reports to the Director, Keeper, and Amyrlin regarding the recruits
- Any other possible responsibilty that dealt with recruits
- Knowledge of the Bylaws and Member Manual are a plus; if you don't know them, you will learn them
- Must be able to use tact, diplomacy, and discretion, as the role be privy to information that normal members are not
- Must be willing to serve in the role for a full 18 month term
- Must be a male Senior Member for at least six months.
Originally this role was called the Captain of the Guard. The duties of the roles included being the Junior Member Administrator for both Recruits and Soldiers. In July 2007 the role was split to Captain of Recruits and Captain of Soldiers. From January 2015, the scope of the position changed following the implementation of fully integrated community groups such that along with the Mistress of Novices it had responsibility for all Novices and Recruit. Once the current incumbents complete their term, the positions will be merged into the Master/Mistress of Novices and Recruits.
Captains of Recruits
- Atreyu Silverstar: January 1, 2014 - January 12, 2015
- Barmacral Tigana: April 1, 2013 - December 31 2013
- Bryce al'Mara: September 13, 2011 - March 31, 2013
- Marrow Rahien: April 6, 2010 - September 13, 2011
- Emp Orer: April 8, 2009 - April 6, 2010
- Darim Pelegro: September 9, 2008 - April 8, 2009
- Jaim al'Bearach: July 17, 2007 - September 9, 2008