Difference between revisions of "Beonin Marinye"
|Line 107:||Line 107:|
Revision as of 10:52, 4 May 2008
Author: Ehlana Taravin
Beonin, is an Aes Sedai of the Gray Ajah. She is pretty, with dark honey hair which she wears in a multitude of braids and big blue-gray eyes that are so big they constantly make her appear slightly startled (TFoH, Ch. 27, Ch. 50, LoC, Ch. 7). She is a Taraboner and has a distinct and heavy accent (TFoH, Ch. 27, LoC, Ch. 7, CoT, Ch. 16).
Nothing surprises Beonin, and she is the type of woman who demands proof of everything and expects anything (LoC, Ch. 7).
Beonin is also one of the sisters who swore to obey Egwene, together with Carlinya, Morvrin, Nisao, Anaiya, Myrelle and Sheriam. She was so shaken by it that her teeth chattered the first time she saw Egwene with the other Sitters after swearing (TPoD, Ch. 16).
- Beonin is one of the leaders at Salidar (TFoH, Ch. 27).
- Siuan tells Boenin and the rest of the Salidar sitters about the "Red Ajah plan" to set Logain up as a false Dragon so that he could be pulled down (TFoH, Ch. 27).
- Boenin and the rest of the Saildar leaders decide to elect a new Amyrlin. They also decide to send emissaries to search for Rand in the Aiel Waste (TFoH, Ch. 27).
- Beonin, Sheriam, Anaiya, Myrelle, Carlinya, Morvrin convince Gareth Bryne to support them against Elaida and build them an army. They also turn over Siuan and Leane to him as maids so the two of them can finish their punishment (TFoH, Ch. 28).
- Sheriam, Myrelle, Carlinya ,Anaiya, Morvrin and Beonin question Elayne and Nynaeve after they get to Salidar (TFoH, Ch. 50).
- Beonin goes to Tel'aran'rhiod together with Nynaeve, Elayne, Siuan, Leane, Anaiya, Carlinya, Myrelle and Morvrin. They look around the White Tower and go over Elaida personal correspondence but eventually end up trapped in a nightmare (LoC, Ch. 7).
- Sheriam, Myrelle, Morvrin and Beonin meet with Tom and Juilin after they return from Amadicia (LoC, Ch. 29).
- Sheriam, Romanda, Myrelle, Morvrin, Takima, Lelaine, Janya, Delana, Bharatine and Beonin are told that Nynaeve healed Logain. Beonin and Carlinya bring Siuan and Leane along with the Yellow sisters so Nynaeve could un-do the stilling and prove herself to the Yellow Ajah (LoC, Ch. 30).
- Beonin is one of the sisters who meets with Egwene, Amys and Bair in Tel'aran'rhiod to summon Egwene to Salidar. She suggests the Wise Ones teach Egwene how to enter Tel'aran'rhiod physically (LoC, Ch. 32).
- Sheriam, Siuan, Beonin, Anaiya, Carlinya, Morvrin and Myrelle tell Egwene that they chose her as the next Amyrlin Seat. Beonin is the one that explains the loophole in the Tower law that it is nowhere said that it is necessary to be Aes Sedai to become Amyrlin Seat (LoC, Ch. 34).
- Beonin is one of the Aes Sedai that prepares Egwene for the raising to Amyrlin Seat (LoC, Ch. 35). Sheriam, Morvrin and Myrelle go with Egwene into the ceremony. Carlinya, Beonin and Anaiya are told to stay outside. Carlinya and Beonin are not pleased with it (LoC, Ch. 35).
- Beonin Explains to Egwene the consequences of being refused the Amyrlin Seat. She tells Egwene that in the past those sisters were usually exiled, so as to not be a source of disharmony (LoC, Ch. 35).
- Instead of the formal "night of contemplation and prayer", Sheriam, Beonin, Myrelle, Carlinya, Anaiya and Morvrin stay with Egwene to tell her how matters stand in Salidar. However, they only tell her the things they think are important and mostly ignore Egwene's own questions and concerns (LoC, Ch. 35, Ch. 36).
- Sheriam, Carlinya and Beonin admit to sending sisters back into the White Tower to spread the word about the Red Ajah plan for Logain. All of this unknown to the Hall of the Little Tower (ACoS, Ch. 8).
- Egwene sends Beonin, Anaiya, and Myrelle to secretly meet with Lord Pelivar and Lady Arathelle (TPoD, Ch. 15).
- Beonin swears to obey Egwene together with Carlinya, Morvrin, Nisao, Anaiya, Myrelle and Sheriam. She was so shaken by it, her teeth chatter the first time she saw Egwene with the Sitters after swearing (TPoD, Ch. 15).
- Sheriam, Nisao, Morvrin, Myrelle, Anaiya, Beonin, Carlinya and their Warders accompany Egwene and Gareth Bryne to scout out Tar Valon. Beonin receives permission from Egwene to open negotiations with the White Tower (CoT, Ch. 16).
- Egwene tells Beonin to keep a pretense of negotiation and to stretch the talks about the White Tower out as long as she can. (CoT, Ch. 17)
- Egwene goes to meet with the Hall of the Little Tower, escorted by Anaiya, Myrelle and Morvrin. Nisao and Carlinya are already waiting outside the meeting pavilion and Beonin comes running in later (CoT, Ch. 19).
- Varilin has taken over the talks with the White Tower, pushing Beonin into a lesser role (CoT Ch. 30).
Strengths and Talents
Sheriam is stronger then Myrelle, who is stronger then Beonin, Anaiya, Carlinya and Morvrin. Beonin, Anaiya, Carlinya and Morvrin are all very close in strength. All of them are much stronger then Siuan after she was Healed (LoC Ch. 34).
Boenin is not embarrassed of talking about stilling with Siuan (TFoH, Ch. 27).
Gareth refers to Beonin as someone to be wary of, and that she reeks of ambition (TFoH, Ch. 28).
Beonin had to be rescued by Elayne after getting trapped in a nightmare in Tel'aran'rhiod. She ended up with her dress clawed to shreds, and she was panting on her knees (LoC, Ch. 7).
Beonin suggests that the Wise Ones teach Egwene how to enter Tel'aran'rhiod physically, thus angering the Wise Ones Amys and Bair, who consider it to be evil (LoC, Ch. 32).
Beonin fears Egwene after being made to swear to her. Her teeth chatter the first time she sees Egwene with the Sitters after swearing (TPoD, Ch. 16).
Beonin eyes blaze with anger when she is told that negotiations with the White Tower are out of the question. She tries to convince Delana to support her in this and faints after being told by Egwene that she is allowed to start negotiations with the White Tower with the condition that Elaida is to resign and go into exile (CoT, Ch. 16).
Siuan tells Egwene that Beonin is ambitious, but that she always thought she'd have gone scurrying back to Elaida if Sheriam and the others hadn't stiffened her backbone (CoT, Ch. 18).
- Beonin falls for Siuan and Leane's squabbling act and repeatedly tries to mediate between the two of them (Beonin LoC Ch. 7).
"Morvrin was skeptical of everything despite her placid, sometimes vaguely absent look, a stout Brown with gray-streaked hair who demanded six pieces of evidence before she would believe fish had scales. And Beonin, a pretty Gray with dark honey hair and blue-gray eyes so big they constantly made her appear slightly startled -Beonin made Morvrin seem gullible." (The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 27)
"All but the Red sisters can be approached," Beonin said judiciously, "negotiated with." Mediation and negotiation were her Ajah's reason for existence.". (Beonin to Sheriam, The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 27) .
"We will need to negotiate with those sisters who remain in the Tower," Beonin mused, only half to herself. "The Amyrlin we choose, she must be a skilled negotiator, yes?" (The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 27) Beonin to Sheriam and the rest of the Salidar Leaders.
"Carlinya, cold enough to make the others seem warm, leaned forward. He was wary of her, and of the big-eyed one named Beonin. He was not sure why. Except that if he were in the Game of Houses here, he would say both women reeked of ambition. Maybe he was involved in exactly that." (The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 28) Gareth Bryne thoughts on Beonin and Carlinya.
"Beonin's look of constant wide-eyed startlement had a distinctly annoyed cast. Annoyed and something more. Sometimes Beonin made as if to touch the white cloth spread neatly over the cuendillar seal, but her hand always stopped and retreated" (The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 50)
"You worked together long enough," Beonin said in her heavy Taraboner accent. A pretty Gray with honey-colored hair in a multitude of braids, she had blue-gray eyes that constantly looked startled. Nothing surprised Beonin, though. She would not believe the sun came up in the morning until she saw for herself, yet if one morning it did not, Elayne doubted that Beonin would turn a hair. It would just confirm that she had been right to demand proof. "You can and must work together again." (Lord of Chaos, Chapter 7)
Beonin's honey-colored braids swayed as she nodded. "The Amyrlin Seat, she is Aes Sedai -- the law is quite clear; several places it is stated, 'the Amyrlin Seat as Aes Sedai' -- but nowhere is it said that it is necessary to be Aes Sedai to become Amyrlin." Any Aes Sedai would be familiar with Tower law, but as mediators, Grays had to know the law of every land, and Beonin took on a lecturing tone, as though explaining something that none knew as well as she. "The law that sets forth how the Amyrlin is to be chosen, it merely says 'the woman who is summoned,' or 'she who stands before the Hall' or the like. From beginning to end, the words 'Aes Sedai' are mentioned not once." (Lord of Chaos, Chapter 35) Beonin to Egwene
"Beonin had been riding in silence, clutching her cloak around her and peering at a spot between her brown mare's ears, but suddenly she shook her head. Ordinarily, her large blue-gray eyes made her appear startled, but they peered from her hood in a blaze of anger as she glared from one of her companions to another, including Egwene. "Why should negotiations be out of the question?" Sheriam blinked at her in surprise, and Morvrin opened her mouth with a scowl, but Beonin plunged on, directing her ire at Delana, now, her Taraboner accent stronger than usual. "We are Gray, you and I. We negotiate, mediate. Elaida, she has stated the conditions most onerous, but that is often the case in the beginning of negotiations. We can reunite the White Tower and assure the safety of everyone, if we only talk." (Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 16)