Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
He is a slender man in a well-cut blue coat with white streaks at his temples (TPoD, Prologue)
- He is part of Queen Ethenielle's escort to her meeting with the other rulers of the Borderlands in the Black Hills (TPoD, Prologue).
- He likes music and takes great care of his clothing, but that is only his outward appearance. He might not be counted among the great captains, but he knows when or when not to fight, as well as how to win. His soldiers would follow him everywhere (TPoD, Prologue).
- During the Last Battle he notices that Agelmar has been making bad decisions and approaches Lan about it (AMoL, Ch. 18)
- Later, when Lan is suspicious, he asks Baldhere how he would sabotage the army without it being obvious, and Baldhere's answer is essentially the same as the plan Agelmar has been using (AMoL, Ch. 28).
- After Agelmar is relieved of command, Lan has Baldhere brought to the command tent (AMoL, Ch. 39).
Lord Baldhere twisted in his gold-worked saddle to glance back at the banners carried by horsemen behind them, cased in tooled leather and embroidered velvet. "I don't like hiding who I am, Majesty," he said fussily, straightening around. "The world will know us soon enough, and what we've done. Or tried to do. We'll end dead or in the histories or both, so they might as well know what names to write." Baldhere had a biting tongue, and he affected to care more for music and his clothes than anything else -- that well-cut blue coat was the third he had worn already today -- but as with Serailla, appearances deceived. (Baldhere to Ethenielle; The Path of Daggers, Prologue)