|Wheel of Time Random Quote|
A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion. Other information about the character is also included in the Companion, but we did not use it in the TarValon.Net Library.
Author: Zashara Da'sainne
Bair is a Wise One with a creased face, grandmotherly look, and strong, reedy voice. She is of the Haido Sept of the Shaarad Aiel. She cannot channel, yet she is a Dreamwalker (TSR, Ch. 23). She has white hair (TSR, Ch. 48). She is thin and bony, with pale blue eyes, and a leathery, wrinkled face (TSR, Ch. 52). When she was young, she had yellow hair (TFoH, Ch. 7).
- Bair breaks up the impending fight between the Shaido and Rand's party and tells Rand to show the Dragon signs (TSR, Ch. 34).
- Rand consults with Bair about Rhuidean and gets a few reluctant answers from her (TSR, Ch. 48).
- Bair discusses Aviendha, Rand, and other issues with the other Wise Ones, Moiraine, and Egwene when they are camping out near Rhuidean (TFoH, Ch. 5).
- Egwene finds Bair's dreams and sees that she dreams about one of her husbands (TFoH, Ch. 7).
- Bair and the other Wise Ones keep visiting nobles from bothering Rand after the battle in Cairhien (TFoH, Ch. 45).
- Bair and the others help Egwene after the attack by Lanfear. They forbid her from entering Tel'aran'rhiod until she recovers (TFoH, Ch. 53).
- Bair takes Egwene on a short trip into Tel'aran'rhiod to see if she has recovered (LoC, Ch. 32).
- Bair considered Colavaere's seizure of the Cairhienin throne to be of little importance (ACoS, Ch. 7).
- Bair, Amys, and Melaine question Aviendha and tell her she will be punished for going scouting as she is not yet a Wise One (TGS, Ch. 3).
- Bair, Amys, and Melaine are present when Rand meets with the Clan chiefs and tells them his plan for Arad Doman (TGS, Ch. 7).
- Aviendha tells Amys, Bair, and Melaine that she is ready to become a Wise One (TGS, Ch. 23).
- Bair is with Cadsuane when Nynaeve arrives to tell them what happened at Natrin's Barrow (TGS, Ch. 37).
- When Cadsuane says Nynaeve may be the only one of the current crop who is salvageable, Amys corrects her and says Egwene has much honour, and Bair nods her head in agreement (TGS, Ch. 37).
- Bair meets with Egwene in tel'aran'rhiod and tells her that Rand has changed (ToM, Ch. 14).
- Egwene suggests to her that the White Tower might send novices to train with the Wise Ones (ToM, Ch. 14).
- Egwene tells her that Rand intends to break the seals, and Bair leaves to consult the clans (ToM, Ch. 14).
- Bair meets with Egwene and the Windfinders and discusses the possibility of an alliance between the three groups (ToM, Ch. 36).
- Bair is one of the Wise Ones present when Aviendha tells of her visions, from the glass columns, of the future and the fall of the Aiel. She asks her to open a gateway to Rhuidean so she can see this future for herself. Before Bair leaves she advises Aviendha to change the name of one of her children and never speak of the name that child was called in the vision again (AMoL, Prologue).
- Bair sees visions of the future that are much the same as Aviendha saw, only from her own descendants' eyes (AMoL, Ch. 19).
- Bair, Amys and Melaine meet with Egwene in Tel'aran'rhiod. They discuss about the black cracks in the rocks that are created by the extensive use of Balefire. The Wise Ones and Egwene say their farewells (AMoL, Ch. 19).
- After the Last Battle, Aviendha converses with Bair and Sorilea. They think that the visions Aviendha and Bair saw of the future must be able to be changed, as Rhuarc is dead. They think that the visions must have been a warning and not a certainty (AMoL, Epilogue).
Bair has had three husbands, all of whom are now dead (TFoH, Ch. 5).
- Rand thinks that Bair knows something more than she is letting on about his relationship with Aviendha (TSR, Ch. 50).
- Bair is unwilling to enter Rhuidean even after Rand opens it up to everyone (TFoH, Ch. 5).
- Bair sees potential in Nynaeve, and comments that she could learn a lot if she were not so stubborn (TFoH, Ch. 5).
"Behold what has never been seen before. A Car'a'carn has been chosen, a chief of chiefs. Born of a Maiden, he has come with the dawn from Rhuidean, according to prophecy, to unite the Aiel. The fulfillment of prophecy has begun." (The Shadow Rising, Chapter 34)
"Bair could very likely make Siuan Sanche jump through hoops, and Bair could not even channel." (Egwene; The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 5)