The Tower Archivist is the Chief Records Officer and is on par with the Keeper and the Shatayan. Legally, the Archivist handles the Secretary's duties as outlined in the Bylaws and anything else assigned to the position by the Amyrlin or the Board of Directors. Currently the main duties of the Archivist are: Handling the paperwork legally required by our status as a 501c7 social club, housing all of our paper and paperless documents, managing our archives, and overseeing our merits.
Position Level: Officer
Department: Executive Branch
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Officer Merit
Chain of Command
The Archivist reports to the Amyrlin.
The Director of Research and Records reports to the Archivist.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeping us legally incorporated. You will be responsible for the timing and coordination of the paperwork required to keep us incorporated and legally operating. This includes state registration, federal taxes (the Shatayan prepares them usually, but you'll need to keep track of when they're due and if they were completed and turned in), registration in states we may be operating in (such as states we'll be performing fundraising in when we have events), and other such paperwork. This also includes updating any paperwork when there are changes (such as updating our state registration when we change Officers or members of the Board). You'll do a lot of work with our legal counsel, our Director of Administration, and our Shatayan for this.
- Handling our paper and paperless files. You will house our paper files at your home (except those that the Shatayan holds for purposes of finances). You will make sure that our main Google Docs are organized efficiently and have the appropriate sharing permissions. This includes housing and updating the Corporate Book as necessary.
- Managing our archives. This includes our old email and our current Google Docs files. You'll be responsible for checking the moderator control panel and archiving threads as they are flagged by moderators and administrators.
- Overseeing our merits. You will oversee and manage the merits' minions and check their work. You'll be responsible for either verifying and approving merits that aren't as easily definable (such as Rock Star) or finding someone who can verify them, and then approving that verification. You'll work closely with the Director of Research & Records and the Tower Historians in making sure that all this data is housed appropriately and is accurate.
- Membership Manual. You'll be responsible for keeping it as up-to-date as possible, adding new information as it becomes relevant, and working with others to make sure it's as accurate as it can be.
- Duties assigned by the Bylaws.
The Secretary shall: (a) keep the minutes of the meetings of the Board of Directors and of all Executive Committees in one or more books provided for that purpose;
(b) see that all notices are duly given in accordance with the provisions of these bylaws or as required by law;
(c) be custodian of the corporate records and of the seal of the corporation and see that the seal of the corporation is affixed to all documents the execution of which on behalf of the corporation under its seal is duly authorized; and
(d) in general perform all duties incident to the office of Secretary and such other duties as from time to time may be assigned to him by the President or by the Board of Directors. The powers and responsibilities vested by law in the position of Secretary shall be conferred upon the office of Chief Records Officer.
- Must be trustworthy and discreet.
- Must enjoy detail-oriented, repetitive tasks.
- Must be organized.
- Must currently be a Senior Member of either gender in good standing.
- Must have been a Senior Member for at least 3 years total.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have experience managing staff.
- Must have had experience in a position in our administration.
- Toral Delvar: November 11, 2015 - present
- Serenla Tamowith: November 30, 2012 - November 11, 2015
- Dralyn Montsier: March 5, 2011 - November 30, 2012