A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Author: Leora Oldessroth
Aravine Carnel is plump and has a plain, tired face (WH, Ch. 4; KoD, Ch. 28); she is from Amadicia and is either a wealthy merchant or a noble (CoT, Ch. 9). Faile thinks she is probably a noblewoman because she is unused to saying "please" (CoT, Ch. 9).
- Aravine is one of the gai'shain who brings Faile food when she is first captured by the Shaido (WH, Ch. 4).
- Aravine tells Faile that Sevanna wants to see her, but shows her that Arrela and Lacile have been captured first (CoT, Ch. 9).
- Aravine swears fealty to Faile and asks Faile to taker her along when she escapes (CoT, Ch. 9).
- Aravine waits outside Faile's tent the morning Faile goes to meet Galina in Malden; Faile tells Aravine that she cannot come right now but that Faile will be back for her (KoD, Ch. 28).
- Aravine finds Faile and the others buried in a pile of rubble in Malden. She tells Faile that Galina pulled the building down on top of them (KoD, Ch. 29).
- Once Perrin finds Faile, Faile directs Aravine to gather up all the gai'shain she can find so they can be taken to safety (KoD, Ch. 30).
- Aravine quickly organises the former gai'shan by nationality (TGS, Ch. 9).
- She becomes Perrin's unofficial Steward (ToM, Ch. 6).
- She accompanies Faile as Faile tries to take the Horn of Valere to Mat and they end up in the blight (AMoL, Ch. 37)
- Faile manages to throw a knife into her back, killing her (AMoL, Ch. 37).
"I thought I could hide, or that I would be forgotten, that I could come back to the Light. But the Great Lord does not forget, and one cannot hide from him. " (A Memory of Light, Chapter 37)