A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Alric was tall, slender and gray-haired (TSR, Ch. 47).
- When the Amyrlin's entourage reaches Fal Dara, Rand sees sixteen Warders. Alric is one of them (TGH, Ch. 2; Ch. 8).
- Rand sees Siuan send a Warder out at a gallop, and Loial says he overheard that the Amyrlin is sending someone to Arad Doman to check on the trouble in Almoth Plain. This Warder is likely Alric, as it would not be good protocol for the Amyrlin to send another sister's Warder off without the other Aes Sedai being there, and because Siuan would know she can trust her Warder (TGH, Ch. 9).
- Alric is killed with a knife in his back when Elaida and her supporters take Siuan into custody (TSR, Ch. 47).
- When Nynaeve Heals Siuan from stilling, a part of the bond between Siuan and Alric returns, and she suffers the normal pain that goes with losing a Warder (LoC, Ch. 30).
- He never complained when Siuan's job kept them in the Tower, or when he had to be hundreds of leagues away from her to do something for her (TSR, Ch. 47).
- Siuan thinks to herself that though she will have to mask her pain during the day, she can cry over Alric's death at night (LoC, Ch. 30).
- Egwene thinks to herself that while Siuan handles herself well during the day, many nights she still cries over Alric's death (ACoS, Ch. 12).
- Siuan wonders if Elaida feels even the slightest remorse over Alric's murder (TGS, Ch. 8).
"Yet it was not the sight of Leane that made her miss her step, but the tall, slender gray-haired man stretched on the floor with a knife rising from his back. Alric had been her Warder for close to twenty years, never complaining when her path kept them in the Tower, never muttering when being the Amyrlin's Warder sent him hundreds of leagues from her, a thing none of the Gaidin liked." (Siuan; The Shadow Rising, Chapter 37)
"With the sound of his boots behind her, she managed to make it around the corner into the crossing hallway before the dam burst and she sank to her knees weeping piteously. She knew what it was, now. Alric, her Warder. Her dead Warder murdered when Elaida deposed her. She could lie -- the Three Oaths were still gone -- but some part of her bond to Alric, a bond flesh to flesh and mind to mind, had been resurrected. The pain of his death, the pain first masked by the shock of what Elaida intended and then buried by stilling, that pain filled her to the brim." (Siuan; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 30)