|Wheel of Time Random Quote|
A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
Alivia is Seanchan and used to be a damane. Rand's forces captured her when they attacked the Seanchan. Rand then sent her to Caemlyn after the battles so that Elayne could look after all of the captured sul'dam and damane. After a time, Reanne, Nynaeve, and Elayne decided that Alivia truly wanted to be free of the a'dam and released her, albeit slightly reluctantly (WH, Ch. 8).
Alivia credits Rand with being the one to save her and so insisted that she accompany Nynaeve to Far Madding to help him (WH, Ch. 22). She later went to Shadar Logoth with him and protected him when the Forsaken attacked. She fought Cyndane and stopped her from getting to Rand (WH, Ch. 35). Alivia then followed Rand to Lord Algarin's estates in Tear (CoT, Ch. 23).
Alivia has blue eyes and golden yellow hair with threads of white running through it. She has fine lines at the corners of her eyes. She speaks with a slow Seanchan drawl (WH, Ch. 11).
- C. 586 NE: Alivia is born (WH, Ch. 8).
- C. 600 NE: Alivia is made damane when she is 13 or 14 (WH, Ch. 8).
- 1000 NE: Alivia is captured when Rand fights the Seanchan. She kills nine Defenders and a Soldier when he tries to remove her a'dam (TPoD, Ch. 23).
- 1000 NE: Rand sends Alivia and the other captured sul'dam and damane to Elayne (WH, Ch. 8).
- 1000 NE: Reanne, Nynaeve, and Elayne decide that it is time to release Alivia from her a'dam (WH, Ch. 8).
- 1000 NE: Reanne sends Alivia with a message to Nynaeve (WH, Ch. 11).
- 1000 NE: Alivia insists on going to Far Madding with Rand and Nynaeve (WH, Ch. 22).
- 1000 NE: Alivia Travels to Shadar Logoth with Rand. She fights Cyndane when the Forsaken attack (WH, Ch. 35).
- 1000 NE: Alivia watches Cadsuane to learn from her and is pleased that Rand approves (KoD, Ch. 19).
- 1000 NE: Alivia goes to Tear with Rand (KoD, Ch. 21) and to the meeting with the false Tuon (KoD, Ch. 27).
- 1000 NE: Alivia is present when Semirhage is questioned for the first time (TGS, Ch. 1).
- 1000 NE: Alivia takes part in the group that defends Rand while he is in the Pit of Doom (AMoL, Ch. 23)
- 1000 NE: Alivia is part of Cadsuane's hand picked group (AMoL, Ch. 42)
- 1000 NE: After Rand fakes his death, Alivia prepares his bag for his new body (AMoL, Epilogue).
Strengths and Talents
Alivia is considerably stronger than Nynaeve (WH, Ch. 8). Only the Forsaken can match her strength (WH, Ch. 11). When she uses the bracelet and rings angreal, she is stronger than Lanfear was (WH, Ch. 35).
Alivia is good at using the One Power as a weapon. She believes that she knows more about destructive weaves than the Asha'man do (WH, Ch. 11). However, she knows little else about using the One Power (WH, Ch. 32).
Alivia claims that she hates all sul'dam. She claims that she didn't voice it as soon as she was captured because she was afraid that she would be recaptured (WH, Ch. 8). She now wants to kill the sul'dam (WH, Ch. 11).
Alivia thinks that Cadsuane is a remarkable woman and a strict taskmistress (WH, Ch. 32).
Alivia knows nothing about men (WH, Ch. 33).
Visions and Prophecies
- She is going to kill you (to Rand). Rand claims this was better expressed as she was going to help him die (WH, Ch. 25
This may have been fulfilled when she prepared Rand's clothes after his body transfer (AMoL, Epilogue).
- Reanne was worried about freeing Alivia of her a'dam because of her strength and the length of time that she had been damane (WH, Ch. 8). Alivia was not allowed to walk through the Royal Palace without an escort (WH, Ch. 11).
- Min had a viewing that Alivia was going to help Rand die (WH, Ch. 25).
- Alivia likes to plays children's games (WH, Ch. 33).
- Alivia has talked to Rand about the Seanchan in an attempt to make Rand better prepared for any confrontation with them (CoT, Ch. 23).
"She says she hates all the sul'dam, and she certainly makes a good show of it, snarling at them and cursing them, but... She was collared at thirteen or fourteen, Elayne, she's not certain which, and she's been damane for four hundred years!" (Reanne Corly to Elayne; Winter's Heart, Chapter 8)
"An intriguing woman. Much too old to become a novice, unfortunately; oh, yes, very unfortunate. She drinks in whatever she's taught. I believe she may know almost every way there is to destroy something with the Power, but she knows almost nothing else." Verin to Rand about Alivia (Winter's Heart, Chapter 32)
"Just so you know, I keep my word, too. I owe him anything he wants of me." (Alivia to Cadsuane about Rand; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 23)