|Wheel of Time Random Quote|
A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Adora Aybara is a girl from the Two Rivers, the eldest of Perrin's two younger sisters. Her parents are Con and Joslyn Aybara, and her siblings are Perrin, Deselle and Paet. The Aybara family lives on a farm near Emond's Field (TEotW, Ravens Prologue; TSR, Ch. 29).
Adora is about a year younger than Egwene, as Egwene thinks to herself that Adora will not have to carry water at the annual sheep shearing until the next year, while Egwene has to carry water for the first time that year (TEotW, Ravens Prologue). Adora was sixteen when she died (TSR, Ch. 29).
- At the annual sheep shearing, Adora waits sullenly, wanting to be off playing with her friends, while her parents speak with Haral Luhhan about Perrin becoming the blacksmith's apprentice (TEotW, Ravens Prologue).
- At the sheep shearing, Adora watches Egwene, who is watching Perrin, and asks Egwene as to why she is staring at her brother. Egwene asks sweetly if Adora is lonely without her dolls and is pleased by Adora's outraged expression. Egwene then leaves Adora, claiming that she has work to do (TEotW, Ravens Prologue).
- After her parents insult Padan Fain for calling Perrin a Darkfriend, Fain kills Perrin's entire family (TSR, Ch. 31).
- Adora and the rest of the Aybara family are buried beneath the apple trees on the Aybara farm (TSR, Ch. 29).
- Perrin visits the graves of his family (TSR, Ch. 40).
- Adora and Deselle always put apple blossoms in their hair in the spring (TSR, Ch. 29).
- As Perrin cries out his grief over the death of his family, many memories play through his mind, including one of Adora and Deselle, teasing him the first time he shaved (TSR, Ch. 30).
- Verin tells Perrin that if there was anything she and Alanna could have done to save his family, they would have done it (TSR, Ch. 31).
- Padan Fain thinks to himself that he should have restrained himself at the Aybara farm (TSR, Ch. 31).
- Perrin thinks to himself that nothing will ever repay for Adora, Deselle, and Paet (TSR, Ch. 56).
Adora, his other sister, stood with her arms folded across her chest and a sullen expression that she was trying to hide from her mother. Adora would not have to carry water until next year, and she probably was anxious to be off playing with her friends. (Egwene; The Eye of the World, Ravens Prologue).
"Perrin, of course. Why are you staring at him? Everybody says you'll marry Rand al'Thor. When you're older, I mean, and have your hair in a braid." (Adora to Egwene; The Eye of the World, Ravens Prologue).