|Join Date||November 1, 2017|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: November 1, 2017
- Joined Tower: January 12, 2018
- Raised Accepted: April 26, 2018
- Aspired to the White Ajah: September 22, 2018
- Raised Aes Sedai: April 26, 2019
- Outreach Activities Team: September 29, 2018 - January 26, 2019
- Tar Valon Times Staff: March 12, 2018 - January 18, 2019
- Social Marketing Team: December 21, 2017 - June 12, 2018
- Feastday Award: Spirit of Bel Tine - 2018
Other Tower Relationships
- JordanCon 2019 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Added May 15, 2019
- Why did you choose White?
It just felt right. It was home. The atmosphere in the Sitting Room, the members, the idea of White, all of it. I didn't feel it when I first visited, it was just a group I had a lot of fun with and ended up overstaying my planned time (should have been a good sign, right?) But when I came back for round 2, it was coming home. For me it was just a sense of knowing, more than reasons I can clearly put into words.
- Are you like the Whites in the Books? Are you a logical woman with no time for emotion in her life?
hahahahahahahahahaha. ahem, no. I am not friends with with my emotions most of the time because they do control me more than I them oftentimes. It's something I am working on, and logic is how I'm doing it. Whenever it comes time to make an important decision, cut a bad habit, or form a new and good habit, I do so by asking myself why I should do it and what the reason is behind it. That said, sometimes it's just nice to *feel* things.
- Do you have a favorite White Ajah character from the novels?
None that I can think of.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
Since June 30th, 2016....or something like that
- How did you first get into the series?
I Googled something along the lines of "fantasy series for newbies"
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Perrin. He possesses qualities I genuinely admire in real life humans, too.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
Don't have one.
- Favorite book and scene?
Book...they all run together. Favorite scene: Nynaeve healing Logain. I got chills, okay?
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
Maybe an innkeeper in a small-ish village. Or a novice who ran away from/got kicked out of the Tower and joined the Kin.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I was using the library for the chapter summaries. Very helpful if you're reading the audiobooks and need some quick recaps. One day I clicked over to the main site and decided to sign up. The warm welcomes I received convinced me to hang around.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I work in a trailer sales/truck outfitting company. I do the paperwork. Which paperwork? All of it.
- Do you have any hobbies?
I cycle through them at a fast clip...I also like to cycle. That one's pretty constant. Reading and hiking are nice too. Sometimes I like to build things with repurposed wood.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I used to be a pop/rock/punk rock fan and had a long list of artists and bands and songs that I just *loved.* Now, I listen to Christian music, and even that not so often. But I do enjoy that and find it very uplifting.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Hmm, these change a lot. Some all time faves would be I Love Lucy, The Three Stooges, Pride and Prejudice, The 100, LoTR/The Hobbit.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
Pretty much anything by Francine Rivers, Terri Blackstock has some I really love, and Ted Dekker.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
A secretary (hey look at me now) or a librarian (next job, maybe?). I guess liked organizational, computer, and numbers stuff even then.